Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 Riviera gets down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lumpy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have had my 63 Rivi about a 1 1/2 years now. When I bought the car it was all stock. I bought it as a driver my family to be toted about in since my Model-A is basically a beer can on wheels. It was a little tall for my taste but I is po and so just drove the sh*t out of it looking like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after loosing a hub cap on the way to the HAMB drags this year I told myself that I would get some wheels and tires for it. It would look really dumb if I left 50' tall though so it need some drop springs to. I ordered up some AWC supremes and some 3/4" white walls for it. While I was waiting on delivery I looked around for a good spring company and found Coil Spring Specialties in KS they rock had my springs in about 4 weeks. I got a good friend to help and give me guidance and this is the end result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So whats the verdict? oh yea and I have to post the pic of my Model A or it will get mad

[​IMG]

Thanks for lookin

Lumpy

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I told ya that you didn't need bags... Perfect stance.

I'm gonna do mine this weekend...

BTW, did you use the stock shocks? If so, how does it ride? I have the same springs you got, but I didn't get shocks... yet anyway...

3. very nice man. looks great

4. inkstain27

inkstain27

Looks Great!, makes me want supremes on my poncho.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep I used the stock shocks and so far no problems. It has had around 200 or 300 miles on it and it is still settling in. I do need new bushings through out so I am getting a clunk or bang here and there but hell that just lets me know its not getting taller :)

Lumpy

6. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

The rivi looks waaay better! Yep, perfect stance as ryan stated. Haha, much respect for the model A

7. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

Great looking Riv! One of these days I've got to get me one...

Also, nice avatar ;)

Mike

8. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

BEAUTIFUL stance...love those Rivs!!!

9. Nice beer can........Ya the Riv'e looks cool also

10. servi53

servi53

hell they're both slicker than owlshit, dig em

11. Rob68

Rob68

Looks tits!

12. Man that looks great! I love those Rivieras. It's on my list of want to own one day. Your's is perfect in my eyes.

13. blue68deville

blue68deville

It looks bitchin' still classy but just a little tough too.
    I love first gen Rivieras!

14. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice looking car.

15. erock805

erock805

Looks better....How much spring drop did you do? I did a 2" in the front and 3" in the back. Rocker sits level but the car looks butt low... and my springs settled after a good 7 months to where it sits now... Little bouncy in the rear for me.

[​IMG]

16. SIC98

SIC98

Looks sweet Lumpy, what size drop did you do, and if you don't mind, how much were they from Coil Spring Specialties? I've been pricing springs for my 65 and so far Jamco has been the cheapest....Thanks, Brian

17. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Those Rivs look great! nice job

18. The Rivi is perfect! Don't change a thing......................

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Can't believe you 'lost' the caps and black tires...it looked so classic.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow guys thanks for all the positive comments. I went with 3" drop all around it was in the $430 range. Coil Spring Specialties was great, good customer service and fast turn around. I highly recommend them. SIC98 you may want to do a search for references on here before you plunk down any green with jamco, just saying.

Lumpy

21. SIC98

SIC98

(SIC98 you may want to do a search for references on here before you plunk down any green with jamco, just saying.)

Thanks Lump, I've been kinda hearing that lately, it's a shame I know they have good stuff, but alittle shakey these days, I think I'll check Coil Spring Specialties as well!..Again looks killer!....Brian

22. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Badass. :cool: Sits perfect and the wheels are killer!

23. SIC98

SIC98

Hey erock805, your 65 looks awesome too, love the wires! Our 65's could have been twins, mine was black with blue int as well, I changed the int to pearl white but still has OG paint, funny, I used to have a 62 econo PU and a 54 Chevy chop top, small world!.....Brian
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  24. Stance looks just right, Nice job. Still miss my old 64 Riviera with the 65 front end on it, even though it was kind of a POS. I just cut the springs on that car. Had similar stance to yours. Stock shocks, some trimming of the bump stops for more travel, it was low budget lowering job. I thought the ride was fine.

25. Ebert

Ebert

Lumpy,

GREAT Car!!! Looks awesome!

Here is a shot of my 64. Dropped 3"

E

Attached Files:

26. robertsregal

robertsregal

Great looking Riviera the only thing I see wrong with it, It's not in my garage!! Love those Riv's

27. SIC98

SIC98

Sweet Rivi Ebert, love that champagne color, sits just right too!...Brian

28. Ebert

Ebert

Thanks, Brian! She drives great. I had a '63 a few years ago in the same color and regretted selling it forever. Just got this one last winter after searching high and low for Bronze Mist. Love it in black, too, like Lumpy's! E

29. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Erock805,SIC98,Ebert, nice Rivi's one and all. Its funny how even with close to the same drop, the wheels,tires and body color can make them look so different! There was a 64' at the HAMB drags that sat on wires, and I thought then about how big of deal wheel choice is on these cars, because wheels and tires is about all 1st gen Rivieras need in my opinion. Thanks for all the nice words and I will tell my A it aint no punk neither haha.

Lumpy

30. erock805

erock805

Love the gold...how do you like the ride? Im used to bag stuff..the back seems a bit bouncy despite new shocks. I did pull out the little spacers too.