Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 Ranch Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ribbedroof, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Saw a Ranch wagon listed for sale locally, any unique areas to look for nasties...rust-wise?

Areas i normally look at are roof drip rails, low in quarters, bottom of tailgate, floors, rockers (inner and outers), door corners, fender bottoms. Not real familiar with Fords of this year group, so am I missing any major damage-prone areas?

Been a long time since i bought anything this old, just trying to go armed with a good idea of where to look for unusual problems.

Thanks!

2. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

My 61 Meteor wagon has guard beams in the doors, i think 62's may be like that also, they are bare metal against the bare door skin and primer, etc is over that. They can rust lengthwise in the middle of the doors. Another are is the body mount crossmember under the front of the front seat at the inner rocker. Floorpans and around the rear wheel lips too.

3. slammed

slammed

Body mounts. Cowls. Bottom of firewall towards the outside where they meet the fenders. Core support & the to the fender tie in.

4. Thanks guys, I'll keep it in mind!