Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 nova convertible build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rust, Apr 24, 2013.

1. hot rust

hot rust

hello everyone, just wanted to post up my build on this nova.did some modifying also. tuned port/ 200r4 /10 bolt drivetrain. built my own front frame rails and added a stock must II suspension,sorry no pics of this work, only my finished front pics,kept all the front stock inner structure with the exception of shock/spring towers. modified the hood by installing a 67 chevelle scooped area of a junk hood onto the nova hood pics of this work, replaced floor pans,center trunk pan, trunk drop offs( these were modified to fit the 62 from a pair made for a 66-7, sectioned the outer wheelhouse panels to repair them and installed quarter skins and finally replaced right rocker. partial pics of this. modified the dash by filling the hole for the cluster and by cutting radio area out and peaking this area, then cut out for gauge pods and installed tubing for this. pics of this work and the last mod was to fill the taillight holes in the rear and made custom taillight mounts for lenses off a 63 impala, 2 on each side like a biscayne. the very first pic is what it looked like when i got it.oh yeah it's gonna be triple black!!! let me know what you think of the mods that i did on it enjoy hot rust

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. hot rust

hot rust

3. hot rust

hot rust

final pics for now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  4. Harris

Harris

Nice work. I like it

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

you are talented , nice concept and execution...

6. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Nice looking project and looking forward to seeing the taillights, 63 impala will be a first on an early Nova that I know of.

7. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Nice work Michael..