Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. fanspete

fanspete

Yeah, I've only swapped a 9 inch in to fit the slots/slicks. It was supposed to have been a race car since new but I don't think it was ever run since it was altered. Was told it was stashed in a guys shed for 30 yrs, he claimed it was some famous racers car, his son thought John Farkonas, but who knows. It has no tags, only a serial # on the package tray that makes no sense.

2. mockingbird812

mockingbird812
    from Dayton, OH

New to the site and really like your topic. Have been looking for a place to discuss the old Super Stockers. Some great pictures that I have not seen before.
    My S/S Plymouth has been with me for a few years now and I've done a lot of research on it. I have tracked down the 1st and 2nd owners (both from Chicago). My Savoy came from the factory with 11:1/410 hp, a B/W T85, and a 3.91 8 3/4 rear, seat belts and heater. It was factory sponsored (Ronnie Householder) for parts. It raced at U.S. 30, Union Grove, Cordova, and the Amphitheatre. First year it was raced in Super Super Stock and then various stock classes after that. I'd be interested if any of you have heard of or seen the car back in the day. First owner was Gordy Carlson ('62), 2nd owner was Jerry Zielinsky ('63-70).

Thanks,
    Sam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couple up to date shots...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. caseyajones

caseyajones

WOW!! I just read about your car a couple of weeks ago in some muscle car magazine, I can't remember which specific one though. VERY COOL!!!! It was very interesting! I hope some of the guys here on the H.A.M.B. can give you even more details about your car! This place is sometimes REALLY spooky that way. :)

4. caseyajones

caseyajones

5. mockingbird812

mockingbird812
    from Dayton, OH

Thanks Casey. How did you find the youtube link? My boys and I had some fun with the camcorder. Did you like the RHD version :rolleyes: in the last scene? Looking forward to see if anyone remembers this Plymouth.

Sam

6. caseyajones

caseyajones

I think I just typed "superstock" in the YouTube search field and it popped up. I remember finding it there very shortly after it was posted. Very cool vid, I watched it over and over again!! I didn't notice the RHD until you mentioned it. :p I bet that was expensive converting it back to LHD huh! ;) Ha Ha!! Feel free to post more pictures too. I'd love to see more angles of your car! Also, are those 15" steel wheels on the front? I just picked up a set of 15x4.5" Studebaker wheels for the front of mine. They have the same bolt pattern and also accept the larger 10" dog dish Mopar hubcaps. A little trick I learned from Bob Mosher.

7. mockingbird812

mockingbird812
    from Dayton, OH

14" wheels all the way around. I'll post some more photos tonight.

8. mockingbird812

mockingbird812
    from Dayton, OH

Side pipes were fabricated as extensions to the factory cut-outs/dumps. Gordy (original owner) had to extend his exhaust to the perimeter of the car because of rules at the tracks he raced. I had these recreated per Gordy's description. Think it had to do with expelling hot exhaust out from under the car. Car now has a deeper/throatier tone to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mockingbird812

mockingbird812
    from Dayton, OH

At Union Grove in July of '66. This is Jerry Z (2nd owner) and his bud getting ready for a day of racing. Jerry's Dad, Mr. Z, was his biggest fan and Jerry named the car in his honor.

[​IMG]

10. caseyajones

caseyajones

Beautiful car and such a great history!!!

11. caseyajones

caseyajones

Here's my 4 door donor car that I just picked up from SO CAL with NO rust. The last picture is another shot of my 2 door sedan. I bought it from a gentleman who has owned several factory hemi cars that he had bought brand new from the factory in the mid to late sixty's including a black Plymouth Roadrunner that he ordered with a hemi. After making a few phone calls about his hesitancy with ordering his car with the hemi, they told him of a brand new engine and "would he be willing to try it out?". He then received the first ever black Plymouth Roadrunner with the now famous six pack engine!! He's a wealth of information and a real pleasure to talk to. He later drag raced this '65 Dodge Coronet with the same six pack engine and was running in the low 11's. I found an old time slip in the back seat that confirmed his story.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  12. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

John Farkonas' was a 65,yours started out as a 63.

Attached Files:

13. fanspete

fanspete

That car was blue over silver, right? Beyond the year thing, mine was red then blue, no two tone. I take it John had only one like this. I'm coming to the conclusion that the whole 'someone famous' bit was a tactic! It didn't bear on my decision to buy it, anyhow.

14. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

FROM THUNDER VALLEY DRAGWAY IN MARION, SD THIS PAST WEEKEND
    [​IMG]

15. 383man

383man
    from Md

Wow I just found this place ! And this thread is great since I love 62-65 Mopars. :) This is my 63 Sport Fury the day my son and I were in a Father/Son shootout. Ron

[​IMG]

16. caseyajones

caseyajones

Here's a '64 Plymouth Max Wedge my dad took a picture of in Spokane WA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

18. caseyajones

caseyajones

19. caseyajones

caseyajones

20. 63hemipolara

63hemipolara

Here's some of my '63 Dodge Polara that was recently picked by ex-Ramchargers driver and record holder Mike Buckel as his best of show pick at the All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA. This honor will never be matched!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For all the other photos I have of this car please go to the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23963178@N04/sets/72157604917464314/

Hope you enjoy!

21. caseyajones

caseyajones

Here's a picture of the Melrose Missile VI that I took from my friend Bas' early b-body mopars blog. Here's another link if you haven't checked it out yet: http://understanders.blogspot.com/
    [​IMG]

22. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  23. caseyajones

caseyajones

24. caseyajones

caseyajones

Here's one from the Mopar Nationals in Germany.
    Photo credit: Bas
    [​IMG]

25. all I have quick is my avatar. 63 Dodge 440 series. 426 MAX WEDGE with REV B nascar single 4 bbl intake. Have put 33000 miles on it since restoration car is orignally form Penticton BC . REal lot of fun to drive. 3 speed pushbutton. 355 rear noe was 391s

26. 383man

383man
    from Md

63 HemiPolara I sure do like your car ! Ron

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  27. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Our 62 Dodge

[​IMG]