Register now to get rid of these ads!

61 Monterey front end rebuild? Advise Please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by el shad, Aug 11, 2010.

1. el shad

el shad

I did a search and came up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a front end rebuild kit for my 61 Merc Monterey? I'd like to spend my money with a reputable business. Thanks in advance for the advise guys/gals.

-Chad

2. There are sources in Hemmings like Kanter, pricy but they sell whole front end kits. If you have a decent parts store around like NAPA, they should be able to order you anything they don't have on the shelf. Stick with name-brand parts like Moog for example.

Bob

3. el shad

el shad

As simple as that sounds I didn't even think to try the local Napa. I will give them a call today. Thanks, Bob!

4. hotrodstude

hotrodstude

try PST I'VE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THEM ON FINDING FORD/MERCURY PARTS.THERE WEB SITE IS www.p-s-t.com,good luck

5. Glad to help, I buy parts online from places like Rock Auto. They give a choice of brands most of the time.

Bob

6. Being that it is a '61, Mercury at that time shared more susp/brake parts with Lincoln / Edsel than Ford. If yours was optioned with the anti-harsh ride suspension, you could be talking about some hard to find stuff.

Myself, I'd get with Lincoln Land. They have the knowledge to send you the right stuff the first time, and at prices no higher than anyone else. I get all my '63 Monterey stuff from them.

http://www.lincolnlandinc.com/

7. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

I second PST. I just got a kit for my 63 Monterey a while back. better price than piecing it together at auto parts stores.