Register now to get rid of these ads!

60th. Detroit Autorama, ,… While the City sleeps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thanks Lil Bud !:cool:

The complement Matt gave me about the pictures is kind of a left handed complement,... As Matt said to me,.. "Hey I noticed your pictures were a little out of focus and fuzzy",.... So I hand him my "Fool Proof" Camera,... and apparently I screwed something up,... he starts frantically pushing buttons and the little camera starts making noises I never herd before,... He hands it back to me and says "Here, Try this !",.... and of coarse, he made it all better. Thanks Kiddo !:cool:

2. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

Yes it is possible. I chopped and polished this 38 Chevy in 2009. It is bare metal with a lot of wax on it. It is still holding up. It has a few hand prints that have started rusting a bit now, but it hasn't been polished since 2009. The bed didn't polish to well bcause it had so many pits in it. It belongs to a friend of mine who has named it the " 38 Special "[​IMG][​IMG]

3. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I gotta call him to help me figure out the remote on the telly over in the shop...
    :eek:

Glad your home w/o incident. I'll PM ya later.

4. JVK54

JVK54

Yes..please! What kind of wheel is she using on that angle grinder. The end result is amazing.

5. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

you have a great way with words...
    I went friday and I must say it was the BEST autorama Ive been to. So many great cars along with great people. It was almost perfect!
    Thanks for the pictures and write up.

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thanks for the kind words "riseabove XXX",... It is a very special Autorama, And, like usual it almost has a life of its own,... And I think I just figured out why I think The Detroit Autorama is like no other show on earth.

The Autorama has always been in the early part of the next new year, in an area that there is very few Hot Rods events of any kind happening because of the time of year in Michigan,.... Cold, wind, snow, slush..... you get the picture, As Autorama approaches, there is an excitement that grows whether your in the frantic rush to get your car ready,... Or just thinking of all the friends you will see from all over the country, that you haven't seen in months or years.

In the middle of our cold hard winters,... there is a oasis, That is the crowning jewel of Hot Rod shows with tremendous history,... and it draws you back like a magnet, year after year,.... For guys like us, it like the worlds biggest family reunion.

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

8. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Thank you for the pictures! Looks like an amazing turn out. Wish I could have went, but going to Sacramento's Autorama the week before kind of ate up all of my money.

It's just like polishing any metal... you start rough and work your way up the grit ladder then start working in a polish.

Hopefully this doesn't become the next "trend," it's neat to see every once in a while though.

9. Very pleased to finally meet you Dennis and I was able to get in early on Saturday and had two hours without the crowd and with the lights on. Best Autorama that I have been too and I was there at the first one.
    I also went to 6 museums in the area and down to Auburn For the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum.
    Posted them today on my website below, after driving back to Atlanta from Detroit.
    Also I really liked Hemiferris Camino. sweet ride for sure, but his cars always are.

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

I was very glad to finally meet you as well,... sorry if I seemed a little scattered or rushed,... But by the time I seen you, I had put in about 40 hours in 3 days,... And at that time, I had been awake for around 22 hours ( and I was either on the way too or the way back from the COC Brunch),... When I was a kid, that would have been no problem,... but with a few extra years on..:rolleyes:,.... That can get a little rough on a guy.

Again,... so very glad to have met you !