Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 60s Funny Cars..Corvairs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Nov 26, 2008.

1. 35chief

35chief

2. 35chief

35chief

This is a picture of the old Guzman Assassination running at Bandimere. I drove it for Alan Daum in @1978, 79 and maybe 80. BobG later owned it as stated above. The fiberglass body had to be over 300 pounds, took 2 to lift it. A beauty to drive.

3. blue hell wrench

blue hell wrench

Howdy, Do you still have the pictures of the Blue Hell corvair at Manhattan in 1969? Ronnie is my brother and he often let me drive all his cars as a cheap insurance in case he was injured. I drove the vair at Manhattan in Aug of 69 in what we thought was a single however, the track manager during my 2nd short burnout paired me against a jet dragster (Doug Rose). Wow, he came by me 1/2 track like I was going backwards. I ran in the high 7's at 180. not bad for a 19 y/o punk. Thanks Mike Runyan

4. ScottV

ScottV

Wow !!! ... I never realized how many Corvair Funny Cars there were. I personally think that the second generation Corvair is one of the best looking cars ever. I even have one of those "When I win the Lottery" dreams of building one with Corvette suspension and a mid mounted engine.

5. Unsafe at any speed.

Thanks Nitrofc!

6. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Best corvair ever

7. That Doug Thorley Corvair was bad ass.

8. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

9. Skyskier

Skyskier

The "original" Corvair funny car..........................
    [​IMG]

10. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Stopped at a restoration shop that a friend of mine works at. The shop is doing the body and paint work on an original Fiberglass Trends Corvair body. It's going on a Logghe chassis, and will be a recreation of Doug Thorley's Covair funny car. VERY COOL!!!!!!

Corvair Funny Car A.jpg Corvair Funny Car..jpg

mad mikey likes this.