Register now to get rid of these ads!

'60s c10 guys...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Cal, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

some of you may shoot my down for this, but its just a question. i am soon to be acquiring a '68 c10 chevy. i plan on making it shop/parts runner truck. the cab is completely shot and theres no bed. now my question is will a '63 or '64 cab fit on a '68 chassis? thanks.

2. squirrel

squirrel

the frames are similar, but not exactly the same. front end where the bumper mounts is different for sure.

I'll see if I can come up with some drawings from the shop manuals?

3. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

yeah, i figured the front may be slightly different, some drawings would great, thanks squirrel.

4. drkgrn57

drkgrn57
    from rowlett,tx

I drive a 65 on a 69 frame. The rear cab mounts have to be from a 60 - 66 frame, the spacing is not the same. For the front bumper I welded the earlier ends on and also had to add a radiator mount. Also the idler arm is diffrent. Hope this helps.

5. squirrel

squirrel

steering box mount is different too, earlier frame is flat, newer one is formed to fit the later gearbox

here are some drawings from the shop manuals, 66 and 72, 63-66 is the same, 68-72 is the same, for the most part.

Attached Files:

6. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

thanks a bunch guys, this definitely helps.