Register now to get rid of these ads!

60HP engine cooling fan

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Lawson Cox II, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Lawson Cox II

Lawson Cox II

Howdy: I'm new to this forum but a long time Ford enthusiast. By long time, I mean a LONG time. I am 90 years old. I like mostly stock Fords but I am not opposed to some modifications for safety reasons.

I am currently doing a cosmetic restoration of a 1939 Ford 60HP engine. I have always thought they were a cool engine because of their size, and wanted one for display. Well, I finally got one and am having a blast restoring it. It will go to the Early V8 Foundation museum in Auburn, Indiana when I ride off into the sunset. I hope that will be a while yet.

It is basically complete now, with final assembly and detailing well under way. HOWEVER, I am missing a correct 60HP fan. The Ford part number is 73-8600. The fan has a 4 1/8 inch hub, measuring from where it mounts to the generator to the back side of the fan blades at the hub. The diameter of the fan is 15.5".

My direct email address is [email protected]. My cell phone is 404-316-6748.

If you have one of these fans or know anyone who has one for sale, I would greatly appreciate you letting me know. Thanks in advance.

2. Umm, he has been known to participate a little there.;)

rusty valley likes this.
  3. Lawson Cox II

Lawson Cox II

Been a Fordbarn guy for years as well. Lots of responses but no help yet.

pprather likes this.

4. Lawson Cox II

Lawson Cox II

Yep. A little.

Budget36 likes this.