Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Here's my first attempt at a photo post. This is an early shot of Charlie Jarzombek vefore the offset coupe. This is a copy of a picture I scanned on an hp officejet. I'm simply attaching the photo from a file I had it saved under. I do not have photoshop or anything. If there is a better way to post this let me know.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p

Thanks,
    <O:p</O:p

JBull

Attached Files:

2. JBull

JBull
    from NY

That seemed to work, although the photo is a thumbnail.

Here are a few more of Charlie Jarzombek in the offset coupe. Hopefully they are not repeats. I had quite a few others that were already posted here.

JBull

Attached Files:

3. JBull

JBull
    from NY

In the last photo of CJ withthe r/w/b #1, the coupe is next to the #18 camaro. I believe that was driven by Fred Harback, although Cliff Tyler did drive the #18 in later years. Was this car owned by Norm Tosti. I believe he owned some of the earlier X89 rides that Fred drove as well, before he switched to the X90. Was Butch Meceika involved with the car as an owner, builder or mechanic. I beilieve he owned, built or wrenched the yellow #18 Bobcat that Tom Baldwin drove. I'll have to dig up a picture of that.

JBull

4. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Here is a picture of Tommy Baldwin in the #18 Bobcat.

The other picture is a shot of Tom Baldwin in the shortlived mustang that was destroyed at Pocono on the 3/4 mile track during qualifying for the Race of Champions. Next to him is Bill Park in the #20.

JBull

Attached Files:

5. George M.

George M.

6. George M.

George M.

7. Hanford, California last month. We still run the hell outta them out here in Calimexico primarily in Bakersfield. Heres some hardtops and sportsmans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. That first pic #88 is at lebanon Valley. Think the name on the roof is Bill Salamanaka(?).

9. Johnnyone

Johnnyone

Wow ! (weeks46) beautiful pictures, are they Vintage Supers in that collection ?

10. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

Chris Economaci of National Speed Sport News (NSSN) taught me to do that a loooooooong time ago.
    Folks in .. say ... California who read something may have no idea where Old Bridge is (was), unless you identify it as NJ, etc..

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. STATE FAIRGROUNDS SPEEDWAY, (OK), Tulsa (OK) footage too!

Coupes on dirt.

12. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Some early shots of Gary Winters with his cougar--late 60's.

Then this pinto from 1974, I believe. One of my least favorites, after the beautiful white/orange/yellow/red Vega in 1973 and the similarly painted monzas that followed in the mid 70's

And finally a car Gary drove at some of the long distance races at Pocono and Trenton, for I believe a guy named Frank Kelly. I believe that is Frank next to the 31.

JBull

Attached Files:

13. JBull it better if you use photobucket. the pictures will look better to view.
    [​IMG]

14. Okay jbull didn't think mind if helped ya, out with these, since you posted them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. okay some more folks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Great stuff JBull keep em coming!:O)
    Here's two more you posted, but larger
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BKHRS

BKHRS

Hey, I live in California, and I know where Old Bridge is. Just never made it to the races there. Dang.
    Barry

18. George M.

George M.

OK! It's tomorrow whatcha' got for us! LOL!

19. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Not at all, Bullfather. Thank you for the assistance. I'll look into photobucket. Is that a link in this site or a separate software?

Thanks again. Have a good one.

JBull

20. Photobucket.com you make an account then upload photos. I have a paid account with them because of all the photos I have on there, but you can free account which gives you a big amount of photos. You generate the photo and then copy and paste "images for message boards" and place them in the post here! You might have to play a little but it works.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.