Register now to get rid of these ads!

6 volt electric fuel pump needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stick Shift, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Just put a new gas tank in my 46 Ford. It had an electric fuel pump already, but it seems to have worn out. I found a 6 volt in the Speedway catalog. The Napa store by us can't get one.

Anyone know where I can get a 6 volt electric fuel pump for a 46 Ford with stock flathead?

Thanks for any info.

Scott

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Kool, thanks alot 345 Desoto. :) That is a better price than the other ones I found.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

if i find one, ill trade ya for a mini bike!!!LOL

4. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

I think speedway has em too.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

try the local vw store.

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Don't know if you have any AUTOZONES in IL? but here is an Electric in line fuel pump w/filter .This will work on your 46 Ford.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=375 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#e6e8ed><TD width=70>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD vAlign=top width=5> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=135>Airtex Master / Fuel Pump
    Warranty - 1 YR </TD><TD vAlign=top width=5> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=2> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=71>E8011</TD><TD vAlign=top width=5> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=85><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=85 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=10>$49.99</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e6e8ed><TD colSpan=9>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e6e8ed><TD vAlign=top width=9>[​IMG]</TD><TD colSpan=8>Note:</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e6e8ed><TD vAlign=top width=9>[​IMG]</TD><TD colSpan=8>Universal</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks Cyclone Kevin. I am going to give the closest store a call. I appreciate it.:)

Ollin no VW store in my area. Thanks for the info anyway.

Breeder I might have to take this flathead out and stick it in one of those minibikes. lol Maybe I can find some more this week at the Vintage Motorcycle Show. I will have to beat Mike to them first. lol

Thanks Everyone

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

I got one from JC Whitney about 4 years ago I guess they still sell them it was good quality not chinese either. i think it was about 30-40 bucks.

9. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

10. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

Napa has one, seems like a good quality product. I think it is around $90. Should be easy to replace if need be. Some suppliers seem to have some issues with the gaskets and the newer blended gas.

11. OLLIN

OLLIN

12. Abomination

Abomination

Totally - a VW store or a tractor store. LOTS of 6-volt stuff at the tractor store... it's like some kind of mecca!

~Jason

13. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I have heard many stories about the alcohol in the gas. In fact I am guessing that is what happend with the gas tank in the car. It was cleaned and coated years ago. I had some stuff plugging up the fuel line last year, figured it was from the coating in the tank.

I got some issues with the local NAPA store. We called them the day we put the new tank in the car and they said they could not find a 6Volt electric fuel pump that was available. :confused:

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

15. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

If your are interested in the Napa one, PM me I will check the part number tonight. It was the unit that I went with.

16. partsman

partsman

Your NAPA store is full of lazy people, I run a NAPA store and I stock the 6 volt pump its made by carter. Part number is p4259 its a little over a hundred bucks. Works great I have local roddr buddies running them now. It took longer to find the parts book it is listed in than to look it up. Next time you buy parts get the oldest crabbiest person in the store, chances are he will know where to find your stuff. Hope this helps.:cool:

17. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Big thanks to all the HAMBers that helped me out. I got a PM from partsman with the NAPA number too. Thanks man. Amazing of the knowledge that is on here. I can't wait to question the local store again and then through out the part number in their face.

Thanks everyone
    Scott

18. daddio211

daddio211

Just a quick note about the pump Speedway sells. I've had THREE of them on my '41 Ford Tudor and they've all gone bad. At the time this was the only one I could find available. It's the STEWART WARNER brand and they're JUNK. They're noisy too.

Bought one from a local parts store, I think the brand is AeroQuip or something like that. Quiet and seems to be good quality. I think this is the one available from NAPA too.

19. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

The local Tractor Supply has them in stock.