Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 6" of fresh SNOW what to do....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TinShed, Mar 23, 2015.

1. TinShed

TinShed

It had been beautiful here in MN the last few weeks. Kills me this time of year waiting for rain to wash the roads off to get the good cars out and what happens... We got 6" of fresh snow last night dam!!! All of my cars are parked in but I had to pull my Pop's 64 F100 out of my shed to get my skidloader out so I could clean the driveway. When it was out I could not resist to back it down by my woods to snap a few pictures. So much for never seen snow LOL... And on a side note, a SID's drop axle makes a great snow plow....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

If it snows here it will be ignored and driven over...I ain't doing it again..

3. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

I hear your pain Brother, we got a few inches in the Winnipeg Manitoba area too. It pretty well all melted in my immediate area though. I do believe we may have a Colorado low heading through Southern Manitoba, North Dakota and Minnesota for Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, lets hope it doesn't amount to much..

4. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Damn, send it my way. Only rode sled (snowmobile) twice this winter.

5. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Love that truck!

6. topperguy

topperguy
    from Minnesota

Didn't even move the snowmobile trailer since Thanksgiving when I brought them home......$350 tabs and insurance.......Gone!! Maybe next year.

7. Bugguts

Bugguts

We had 83 degrees last Monday and 38 degrees today. So much for getting them out here either.

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice looking truck. I keep hoping we get one more rain without snow to get rid of the salt 'cause I'm itchin.

lothiandon1940 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. gas & guns

gas & guns

The old ford looks good.
    But snow sucks.

10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

work on your rides
    Love your F-100. On the subject of snow, please move down to Texas, preferably San Antonio or Austin. You can sell your snowmobile, snow plow, snow scoop, and have the bread to work on your rides. I am 68 years young, and have seen snow maybe 6 times, which is 6 times too many. You will need a very efficient A/C unit for your house, ride(s), and maybe your garage.

blue57ford and need louvers ? like this.
  11. TinShed

TinShed

I would miss the change of season if I lived there. If I moved to Texas it would be to get away from the dam liberals up here that want to take from working folk and give to lazy asses. Texas seems to be more aligned with my beliefs, I digress, I would miss having all winter to build and plan. It makes me make the most of summer!!!

1956 F100 and Muttley like this.
  12. The snow didn't make this far east, and I'm not disappointed at all. I got all my spring clean-up done and am ready to get it on in the garage all summer.

13. It's spring already,did Mother Nature not get the memo? HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Amen brother!!!

15. Move! :D HRP

wbrw32, da34guy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. .........................................SOUTH!!!!!

da34guy likes this.
  17. blue57ford

blue57ford

If one were to move to South Texas I'd say San Antonio would be as far south to go. Any further south and the heat becomes oppressive. Down in Laredo were I live, we've seen 90 degree heat in December and 100 degree heat in February and strings of days from 105 to 110 in mid summer.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  18. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

We've got glaciers in our yards and the roads look like dirty beaches with all the sand and grime on them out my way.

19. lowlinc

lowlinc

We got that snow as well Yesterday. Wasn't impressed but was half expecting it

20. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

We got some the other night and most of the day yesterday. I need to move south!

21. Gonna B 83 in S OK 2day.

lothiandon1940 and smoked1 like this.
  22. snow 3-23-15 002.jpg ..at least it was FRESH snow,...imagine if it was used snow?
    ...we got about 3" , some of Wisconsin just north of us got 8-10"!
    ...ours should be gone in a few days, don't want any more.
    ...nice pickup you got there.

23. smoked1

smoked1

The salt sprayer just went by! Your snow is headed our way, thanks! (jus kiddin) snow sucks ! Ive already started gardening dammit.

24. smoked1

smoked1

Oh Yeah Nice pic of a red hot truck!

25. 68 degrees now at 1:00PM looking for a high of 75,I love spring in the South,but the cool weather is gonna bake a come back later this week. HRP

26. mlake01

mlake01

Nice truck! I just started my next project - a '64 F100..!

27. Drive'em

Drive'em

Got fed up with the cold and snow in Ohio in 78,79, moved to SoCal in 80. Best move I ever made!!

28. Nice truck! TinShed. Been near 70 here all week still haven had the 56 buick wagon out except once and even got the garden tilled up .But they are call for a freeze this weekend with snow showers here. That why I don't plant anything till after Easter. Hopefully after this weekend I can start driving the wagon. 049.JPG Bruce.

29. mike bowling

mike bowling

Super nice truck. I haven't seen anyone with REAL snow-I got me some Real stinkin' snow this year ( there's still over a foot left on the ground, solid as a rock, and another 20* windy day today-Curses!) What's all this "Global Warming" B.S.?......... Nanook

Attached Files:

30. TinShed

TinShed

We did not get crap for snow here this year. This was the largest single snow fall we got. Our last year was like the year you guys have going. I put 30 hours on my skidloader moving snow last year at my house. Oh how I enjoy making snow piles.