Register now to get rid of these ads!

6-Cyl Brackets Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Garry Carter, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Posing the question for a friend of mine, who is not HAMB-enabled.

Is there anybody out there making accessory brackets (alternator, power steering pump, A/C compressor) for Chevy 6-cylinders ... specifically the 292? Understand a single bracket that accommodates all 3 components simply ain't in the cards -- this IS NOT a SBC. Alternator & power steering will mount on the driver's side while compressor will have to be over on the passenger side.

But if you're in the business of making such pieces -- or you just happen to have some that will work, shoot me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks for listening.

2. belair

belair

Junk yurd, Vintage Air, etc.

3. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Junk yards haven't produced anything for the 292 ... and the venerable 235 typically didn't come with either A/C or P/S. Vintage Air has a bracket that can be adapted for the A/C but nothing else. Just hoping someone might actually be in the business of fab'ing up such things.

4. Snarl

Snarl

I make all three brackets. My AC doesn't require three hands to tighten and works with any distributor, unlike the others. I also have PS for either style pump and for any type of water pump. I also have an Alt. that works great and doesn't use a strap over to the water pump like the stock ones. All my brackets are fully adjustable to take into account all the different belting combinations and pulleys they used.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

5. inline 292

inline 292

I put a V/A compressor mount on my 292. Bolt-on, no mods needed. Moved my alt. to run off the front groove of my 2-groove crank pulley by relocating the bracket holes where it mounts on the block. I have no P/S, can't help you there.