Register now to get rid of these ads!

`59 Squarebird Kustom Re-Do

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCo_MoFo, Oct 29, 2005.

1. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

looks tits! Show the end results for sure!

2. FONZI

FONZI

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

FONZI

3. El Padrote

El Padrote

[​IMG][​IMG]Heres a shot of my square bird...Dam ...I never thought of filling the top of the fenders. Luckily I don't have good paint yet! I am thinking about putting a flip up rear rear mirror in one fender like a caddy I saw in Vegas. Would you like to paint another bird???? Great paint!

Attached Files:

4. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

DUUUUUUUUDE, thats just like the color I've been dreaming about painting my thunderchicken. what is it?

5. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Nice to meet you Jerry!

feel free to post WAY more pix of that car. it looks GREAT!

Welcome to the HAMB!

6. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

HEY! El Padrote
    I have driven by your car like 1000 times and always wondered who's it was. I live in Anaheim and go to that shopping center they just put in up there on Malvern with my old lady all the time.

Hell yeah we would be into doing up you car holmes!

7. Dirty2

Dirty2

S W E E T ! ! ! !

8. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I can't believe back in the late 60s and well I guess until the last few years I hated those cars! Your's was cool before and sure looks like it's gonna rock now. Good job!

9. sparky65

sparky65
    from st. louis

heres a preety cool bird. thought you might like it, belongs to a buddy skippy.

Attached Files:

• 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      66.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      80.3 KB
      Views:
  10. El Padrote

El Padrote

Hey Man Thanks for the compliment!

I think you might have my car mistaken with someone else. I live down in Laguna and work in Garden Grove. KA customs in Huntington Beach helped me with a lot of the work done on it. They are having a grand opening Bar b Que this Sunday. I will be there and you guys should cruise by if you can. I checked out your web site and your club has some sick rides! I have a lot of work to do to my bird before its ready for paint but I hope it looks half as good as yours is lookin. Great job! Do you have a better pic of your grill? I think it might be custom but I can't quite tell.

11. Man, that's looking killer. Can't wait to see it all finished.

12. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I was going to say 'Dont mess with it cause its looking right as is..',,,but then again...what do i know?...I'm glad you messed with it...Its looking awesome....Your motivation on it ROCKS!

13. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

SORRY HOMIE, I DID GET YOUR CAR CONFUSED, but I have seen your car around. that other dude's car has a lime green top. PM me some directions and some of us may swing by on sunday.

as far as the grill goes I have a perfect grill,(that's for sale) but want to do a custom grill out of the same stuff on Jimmy White's orange truck.

14. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Hey Sparky,

can you e-mail me those pics but larger if you got them to:
    [email protected]

thanks holmes

15. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

it's a custom mixed base coat with Old School Flake's Shifty Aqua .015 on the top. check their shit out at www.oldschoolflake.com it's a whole system that is way easier to shoot than any other flake. the best part is you shoot the flake dry so the gun doesnt clog up!

16. Love those squarebirds...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

In the words of Paris Hilton-'Thats HOT!'...........

18. I love Metalflake

19. I have a question. How did you fill the swage line in the tops of the fenders?

Or is that a 'trade secret'?

20. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

we did it the old fashioned way with some sheetmetal tacked to it, and major amounts of weld grinding. it wasnt easy, but its worth it

21. scapin38

scapin38

that is going to look good man love the birds.

22. DD

DD
    from illinois

looking good, we need more pics. sweet ride

23. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

WEEK EIGHT
    we decided to do the lace on the top before we did the sides so we got right to it and started the process of getting mocked up right so all three panels would line up. it was a big pain in the ass due to the only being wide enough to only do one panel at a time.
    [​IMG]

then we spayed the candy fade on all three panels and pulled the lace off
    [​IMG]

from there we cleared it a few more times and then wet sanded it for what seemed like forever.

WEEK NINE
    We decided to get stated on the front fade panel so yet again we masked up the car & got the design right
    [​IMG]

Then on goes the fade and it laid down better than I thought it would. trust me it looks so much cooler in person.
    [​IMG]

After the base coat we put the coat of Old School Flake's Super Trout over it and cleared it a few more times making it Sparkle!
    [​IMG]

Next week, after a lil bit more wetsanding we will be doing some spiderwebs over this panel! stay tuned!

24. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Jeff, I have some of the grill material left, you are more then welcome to come by and see if its enough for your car.
    Jimmy White

25. poncho

poncho

the lace is looking awsome!! you guys are doin' a great job..

26. 133

i love the lace on the roof, awesome. the car is coming out damn good. i really want to see this done.

27. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

That lace pattern is awesome....I cant wait to see this done.....

I've got some lace myself that i will be doing on my 54 Chevy...I cant wait....this post just makes me want to start lacing everything down to my shoes!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration & awesome work!

28. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

I'll come by on Monday. & I'll finally buy you some lunch

29. I'm going nuts following this post. Since we're both in SoCal, I know I'll run into you eventually. I can't wait to see it first hand. Will ya make Mooneyes with it?

30. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Gotta agree, that little change made a big difference and will have people scratchin' thier heads to figure out what is different. Very nice. I like subtle.