Register now to get rid of these ads!

'59 ford fairlane motor swap?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsrocket, Jul 16, 2007.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If the motor has a serpentine belt it will have the reverse rotation water pump,what year and type of vehicle did it come out of as we can give more info if we know what it came out of. Jeff

2. Kodak Jack

Kodak Jack

I am swapping an '86 302 w/AOD into a '58 ford that currently has a 223 6cyl. Where did you get those engine mounts from?

3. VWJon

VWJon

I saw some sold by Butch's Cool stuff. They were about $200 and specifically say they will be a direct bolt on for a SBF with a C4.
    I am building a 289 to swap into my 59 and plan to use a AOD, so I have the same issue.
    I am looking for other mount options and cross member possibilities .

Kodak Jack likes this.
  4. From my experience, the front-sump pan is the way to go and the front crossmember is set in stone, it is so much a structural component, it is quite difficult to remove or do much surgery on and retain the strength. I've seen then notched and plated to put the strength back into them.