Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Ahhhh, more "fertilizer" in the ground. By the time you are done, those quarters will be arrow straight.

2. chevy59409

chevy59409

looks like it is coming along very well .keep it up and it will look great

3. Thanks you guys! You're too kind

4. More SsshhHH-SsshhHH.. six more hours of SsshhHH-SsshhHH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

It's Looking good j , how long do you think you'll before you have the body in paint ? Aneyways keep up the great work .

6. Your wagon updates, are the "real" treat.. As for paint, the body work on the front end still needs to be finished up. I have to make my own bumper guards, up front & finish the lower front valance work.. Then the filler piece under the t/gate needs more attention. The t/gate jambs, still need to be stripped. The door jambs still need to be blocked. So hopefully real soon! :D

7. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

The last two pics, with the sheen in the primer and the angle of the shots, really show how straight the panels are and the nice fit of the doors to quarters. I too am familiar with the song of the longboard. Ssssssshh, ssssssssshh.

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Cool , sound good , keep at it and I can't wait to see it painted

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

hows every thing going bud?

10. I was happy after I shot the primer.. I was glad it showed well in the pictures. And the monotonous tune them longboards emit, can be so cruel! Hahaha

Me too!

It's hard to say.. It's hard because I don't have any control over the situation. It's not on my time, so it's never easy. Work keeps me sane. Please pray, and thank you for asking!

11. Good news! Dad has taken breathes on his own.. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. But please keep 'em coming.. We still really need 'em!!

Back on the t/gate. Stripping all the other, side bits. Still needs more attention

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I put in a little more time in, on the t/gate pnl.

[​IMG]

Then I prepped the t/gate hinges and shot them with adhesive promoter..

[​IMG]

12. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Jay, that's the best thing I've read on any thread!

Hang in there, man, and we'll keep you in our prayers!

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Booyah! That is great news.

While it is clear that it takes time and lots of it, bodywork can progress at a good pace. It give me hope for my Biscayne and I am sure I will be checking back on both elky threads to gather info and get motivated.

14. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ thats great news!

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Great to hear Jay!

16. I just returned from the hospital.. As usual he was asleep! I know he still hears me, though. He has a great team of nurses and respiratory therapists right there for him. I can't ask for more. An I thank you guys.. soo much!

17. Definitely, inspiring!

18. Painted the t/gates jambs, inside & backside w/ chassis saver.(similar to POR 15)

[​IMG]

Then I had to add a 1/4" to the filler panel, so that it matched up to the drvr rr qtr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Jay, the power of prayer is tremendous and you have lots of folks all over the world praying for your Dad. So, looking forward to hearing even better news about him real soon. Hot rods come and go, but family is top priority.

BTW, just to verify that generator and PS reservoir that found you is from '59, it is. The 9 to the left of the D on the tag is the year. It's a 35amp.

20. I appreciate the prayers from all over the world.. Thanks for 59 confirmation

21. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

After all the quarter panel work, have you laid the tailgate in there to verify it still fits?

22. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Good work on that tailgate. I know they can be a pain. And of course I hope things are getting better with your Dad!

23. Yep, quite nicely too
    Doctors threw me for a loop.. But I just got back from the hospital with an RN friend of mine. He says he just needs time to recover. Neurologist aren't always right.. He is going to get a2 nd opinion from the neurologist he works with. I am so grateful. Please pray for us

24. Glad to hear everything is going good with your dad and with the elco, hoping both will continue.

I found the only pic I have of my '59, it went to Japan in the 90's.

Attached Files:

25. That's a cool picture.. Being in Japan, at least you don't have to watch it drive by occasionally. That can sometimes, sting!

26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

how did the weekend go buddy?

27. Not the update you ever want to make. He's not going to be with us for very much longer. His body can't take everything its been dealt. Parkinsons is just too much. Please pray for a safe passing. He deserves it!

28. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Godspeed my friend. Remember the good times and he will always be with you.

29. Thank you! I appreciate you

30. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry to hear Jay. That's all any of us hope for when are parents are at that crossing. My thoughts go out to Pops and you.