Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Build Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Cool, Ill let em know!

2. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

If that one doesn't do the job let me know , you may want to grab a hook and loop type backing plate , quick change and many grits of paper available .

3. The backer, Its only for the shrinking disc.

4. Got the roof primered, and ready for the final blocking stages. I'm happy & satisfied with how it turned out. Like nothin' even happn'd, like my Dad would say! Picture is shit, cos the camera doesn't like low light

[​IMG]

5. slammed

slammed

She looks fine-n-dandy JJ. Those background cars always hurt so good. The '56 HT is sa-weet.

6. Thanks for the kind words, an I agree.. 56 HTs are a favorite of mine!

7. Scottrods2

Scottrods2

On your buffer there.... I have a NEW Old Stock "Stop" or "lock" for the axle of that thing.... no grinder or buffer in my posession. If you or anyone else reading this has a need for one, let me know. I'd be willing to part with it cheap (Shipping cost only) Here's a Picture of it in case it looks right - there's no part number, but I feel quite certain that's what it's for. Doesn't it look right to you?
    [​IMG]

8. I don't need it, but someone here might! The brushes are the only thing that ever really needs replacing

9. Scottrods2

Scottrods2

Yeah... the Locking Mech is built like a tank too. I just acquired this in a bucket of old tools (All free) and knew what it was, but was happy to see someone might actually own the tool and could use it. I just don't own any old Sioux tools. (At this time)

Again, if anyone want's it, I'll take pay pal and the only cost will be what it costs shipping from 75041. I hate to see a great tool part lost or pigeon holed without a purpose.

Sorry for the OT post, but it fit with the tool pic posted...

10. slammed

slammed

I will take the lock for the Sioux please.

11. Scottrods2

Scottrods2

You have a PM....

12. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Not to take away from the great job you did on that roof, but I seek out the old tools as much as the old cars! I just like the fact that you can repair old stuff. It was before the "disposable" age!

13. Used to be able to get brushes or whatever I needed, right down the street from me. The economy plus the dawn of the 'disposable' age, put them out of business.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Allright !!!!!! Back to the Shhhhhh Shhhhhh Shhhhhh of things.

15. I can't wait til the Shhhhhh Shhhhhh Shhhhhh is coming from the "paint gun"! B)

16. Nothing neat to look at.. just a little more blockin & primin'! Tomorrow, the a&b pillars will get some attention. The dash is ready to be re-shot also

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. The weather out today is absolutely perfect.. lunch is over, back to work! My fingers fell like somethings biting me when I touch the sand paper! Gotta love block sanding. Pics would be redundant. More when there's something to look at.. Jay

18. Man, this thing has come such a long way!

19. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow--looking good. Can't wait to see more pix. This is good working-on-cars weather, for sure.

20. With out these pictures, I tend to forget all the things that's been done so far.. Thank you!

Thank you.. and today's weather was amazing!

Rubba rubba - ruuuhbuh! I remembered hearing my Dad say that, when I was young. I'm so grateful he's taught me what he did.. kept me out of a lot of trouble, and that's a fact!

This piece of weatherstrip wire coming out of the grommet on the bottom of the door, ripped my finger a new asshole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

22. slammed

slammed

Weeeee, that left a mark! A 'true ar-teest' suffer's for his craft, and you be sufferin' JJ!

23. It's starting to feel that way!

I've been learning how much I actually use that finger tip, during the course of a day. Mmmm Good

24. The Miller TIG, showed up today. It's a Dynasty 200 DX and the power cord has four wires: black, white, red & green! Now, I have to figure out where the green wire, is supposed to go?!

This is how the plug I'm going to use, is wired now. Now the white is nuetral, black is power & the red? So where does the green ground go? That's part of what's on my mind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reshot the dash and parcel tray.. while I was shooting the int. garnish mldgs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

The green is a ground. They are expecting you to use a 4 pin plug with that cable. If all you have is 3 pin, it goes in the same lug as the neutral.

26. So, the green goes with the white. I appreciate that.. gives me a place to start!

27. Scottrods2

Scottrods2

I don't think so...... In that configuration, the Black is L1(hot), The White is L2(Hot) and the smaller gauge wires have to be nuetral or ground, possible Neutral AND ground.

Make sure you know what's hap'nin' there before you FUBAR the Welder or burn down the house.

All wire is copper (or aluminum or whatever) on the inside. The wire colors can mean something, but may not.

Wiring the new welder should be the same as what I listed above. the 2 largest wires are the "hot legs" and the other wires are Ground and Netural. Gauge more important than color at any rate.

To test the situation, Test across the two large gauge wires for 220/240. test from either large gauge to the smaller gauge wires and get 120 per leg. The "ground" should go to a REAL GROUND, and the neutral to the wiring neutral. If it were me, and I paid for that welder you have there, I'd put a proper Outlet in for it. It is "Code" anyway, to do so. That usually means it's much safer for you and the house and wiring.

28. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

Glad you commented. Made me go back and look at the picture.

First, looks like there are two of each wire? Second, I agree that the guage of the red wire is too small if it is meant to be a hot wire. However, in a 240 system, I haven't heard of the white being hot and the red neutral.

There should be a wiring diagram in the manual for your welder that explains which plug to use and how to wire it.

Yes if there are 4 wires, they really want you to use a 4 wire plug and all new installs would do so. Where it gets tricky is making the new thing work with your older wiring.

After going back and looking at the picture again, I am not sure what to make of it. I would definitely look for a wiring diagram that came with the welder. Will take the guess work out of getting it hooked up properly.

~Spasecadet

29. [​IMG]

Single stage diagram, red wire not used

[​IMG]

Three phase.. I wouldn't have a true ground to hook it to, through my current situation.

[​IMG]

30. Flatulus Antiquitus

Flatulus Antiquitus
    from SoCal

DANGER!

Color in house wiring is VERY important. White is always the neutral, Green is ground. The other colors are the hot leads. Do NOT connect the white or green to your existing plug where the black and red are now. You will get shocked if you touch the TIG. If you are lucky it will blow the circuit breaker first, but don't take any chances!