Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Don Kizziar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

A safe trip, Ryan.

3. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Ryan, Im sure you have memorys of Don to last a lifetime. Cherish them and your lone trip to Oklahoma. Godspeed.

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Although a sad time for you and your family, try and enjoy the solo drive. Nothing like the open road, some great tunes and personal reflection to set everything straight.
    Be safe

5. texastramp

texastramp

Yup, A drive alone is the perfect way for the time you want to take for remembering all the reasons you're taking the drive.

6. Godspeed to you and blessed thoughts for his family. These journeys are a blessing of life as we ponder the meaning of it all and this puzzle we call life. Take care...............

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using the TJJ app

8. sinticket

sinticket

Awesome story Ryan, The best thing you could be doing is exactly what you are doing...going on your journey alone. You will reflect back on so many great memories of him and also your childhood. Just think, your life has been and is so much better with Don in it. I hope you have a great safe trip. Godspeed brother.

9. jerry

jerry

Have a good drive Ryan, cherish the memories from knowing him.

jerry

10. Have a safe trip! RIP Don.

11. sololobo

sololobo

Hey Chief, if ya break call on the lord and then call your H.A.MB.er's for quicker hands on help. Have a safe trip and very fitting respect for this fine gentleman. ~sololobo~

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man that sucks but what a way to reflect on everything you learn in those days as a kid and on the man himself. Rarely do we get a chance to take a real moment of silence for a fallen friend but this is 1000 miles of just that. Keep us posted and be safe my friend.

13. oaktree

oaktree

When Ryan was about two, we went over to Don's shop. As usual, he was restoring several old cars and needs something from the hardware store. We hopped into Don's "everyday go to the hardware store car", a perfect black '40 Lincoln convertible and jazzed into town. Don found what he needed and noticed Ryan staring at a rack of bright red pipe wrenches. "Hey man", he said to Ryan, "pick out one, let me buy your first wrench!" Like all little kids, he picked out the biggest, it must have weighed 25 pounds. Don told him,"pick out one closer to your size and handed him a bright shiny 2" wrench. If you were to look into Ryan's tool box today, you will find that little wrench along with all the wrenches the little shit stole from me.

14. Weasel

Weasel

I ran up to Altus to pick up some parts with Delbert Wilson in 2008 and he told me about Don Kizziar. Sadly both are now deceased. RIP Mr. Kizziar. Have a safe journey Ryan and hopefully you will re-run and enjoy some treasured memories on your journey....

15. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

What a fitting tribute. I hope someone would pay me such a tribute.

16. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Don must of ment a lot to you. Just like you ment to him. Have a safe trip. RIP Don.

17. Kinky6

Kinky6

Seems like a very fitting tribute to your friend and early mentor that you're making this trip home for his funeral looking out the windshield of an old car like your '39. Godspeed to you both.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

18. I tip my hat to your pal Don for what he left you/us. Drive safe my friend.

19. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

"You make a living with what you get, you make a legacy with what you give." - Author unknown.

Sounds like Mr. Kizziar made a good living, but a even better legacy. Will be in prayer for his family and for safe travels for Ryan.

20. Sorry for your loss, and thankful for your memories. Godspeed Don

21. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Sorry for you loss Ryan. My thoughts are with you and Don's family. Have a safe and trouble free trip.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using the TJJ app

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

He is probably cruising with you right now enjoying the ride but thinking we should do this , and this to the car.

24. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

My condolences Ryan, for your and his friends and family's loss. Yes we all have an expiration date, so I think your celebrating his gift to you by doing your solo drive to honor his life, is the best thing you could give him in return.

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Keep the shiney side up Ryan.

26. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

My sincere condolences. Safe travels...

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

My condolences to you Ryan.... dunno what else to say...............

28. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Have a safe journey, Ryan. I'm sure your friend Don would appreciate you and your Ford making the road trip in honor of him.

29. big bad john

big bad john

....Ryan.....Have a safe journey......sorry for your lost

30. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

The passion for nostalgia was allready imbedded in your soul at birth. Your freind just helped it along. Exposure to old cars does not allways take seed in all cases. My kid likes bmw's figure that ? Sorry for your loss have a safe trip.