Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Ford Turn Signal Problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MyronH, Sep 20, 2007.

1. MyronH

MyronH

Please help - My head is pounding

Left turn signal works fine - The right signal doesn't flash and only the dash light turns on (stays on - no flash)
    1. The steering column switch checks out
    2. The rest of the wiring seems to check out
    3. The flasher is new
    WTF !?:confused:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Usually you'll find a ground problem at the light socket or taillamp housing to cure this.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That usually is an indication that the brake light filaments are burned out in the bulbs on that side. Does the brake light work on that side?

4. MyronH

MyronH

The brake lights work - they are those giant LED discs you see on city buses. I'm using those because I am tunneling the tail lights with a chrome bullet in the center. The lenses I'm using along with the offset masks the gayness/streetrodness of the LEDs.

On the front I'm going to have a tube grill and I wanted to have small unobtrusive signals. So it will be either small LED marker lights behind the grill or one of those kits that goes inside of the headlight - right now I'm using LED for testing. I tried regular incandescent bulbs and had the same results.

5. 52 Pickup

52 Pickup
    from Oakley, CA

Could be you don't have enough load on that side to operate the flasher unit. The left side is creating enough ressistance to trigger it and the right side isn't. Could be one of your grounds may be a bit bad. LEDS don't create the same load as a filament bulb. Are you using a compatable flasher unit? Good Luck

6. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

IIRC, '57s also have a wire junction block just inside the inner fender behind the grille, forget which side. Check all connections there.

-KK