Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Ford parts car, What to keep?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 067chevy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. 067chevy

067chevy

I bought this 57 Ford 300 sedan real cheap. It had a fire next to it and really toasted the passenger side. That was quite a few years ago and now its rusted bad. I has no floors the rockers are rusty the core support. about the only thing I see worth keeping is the rear end the drivers door and maybe the hood. What do you guys think. I already got the rear end out of it.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

steering wheel, instrument cluster, tail light housings, front and rear windshield stainless, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, carb, intake. I parted out a '57 300 sedan several years ago and was able to sell every part I pulled off the car.

3. It looks like you have some good trim pieces on the drivers side. A rear quarter, windshield garnish, front suspension and a Y-block motor. I can't tell about the deck lid or rear bumper. If you have room, keep the whole car, you never know what someone will want off it. If not, strip it down and keep everything possible that may be used later on.

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I need that door trim. Please pm me

5. 067chevy

067chevy

Steering wheel and column are gone and insturments are burned up.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Seriously, there are a ton of valuable parts on that car. That front fender is worth money since entire fenders are not available aftermarket, only patches. Upper sheetmetal is very hard to come by. All the stainless can be sold easily. Looks like you have some dual exhaust manifolds too, good stuff. Dunno if it's a stick or not, but the trans and bellhousing are easy to sell as well.

7. 067chevy

067chevy

Deck lid is junk and the bumper is not to bad. I was thinking about keeping the driver door and hood. But is a stuck 292 worth keeping. I don't want to keep the whole car.

8. 29AV8

29AV8

keep all of it. ya never know what ya might need. or someone else.
    I dont get rid of anything. got 2 garages full to prove it.

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

From what I can see , the rear is a must , all that good trim around the front & rear and any other trim you can find inside and out ! That stuff is always worth keeping ! Tail light section -cut the whole top off for a kustom build , steering column with steering box and idler arm , any dash gages , hood , trunk , fenders , door guts for window and locks .
    You know you could fix the 57 Ford ! They make great drag cars !

Retro Jim

10. Keep the quarter for sure, even if it's a little weak. The fender, the left door, all the good trim, bumper, lots of stuff to pull off there.

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

If it has power steering you want the complete system for a conversion . If you clean them and rebuild it , they can fetch $1200+ !
    On the 292 , all the brackets , pulleys , oil pan , power brake booster , power steering , generator & brackets , exhaust manifolds-duals , valve covers , distributor is sought after & all these can be cleaned and sold on E-gay . They bring good money too !
    The engines are very common .

Retro Jim

12. k9racer

k9racer

the 3 rd member or the complete rear axel assembly.. its the most sought after due to the width ..the 57 has the back part of the axel housing that looks like the moon. I just paid 300 for one..bobby

13. cheveey57

cheveey57

keep the one eyebrow it has they tend to rust out. & cut off the rear fins & taillights they would look cool welded on a late model daily driver...........

14. 067chevy

067chevy

Here's a picture of the back end
    [​IMG]

15. 067chevy

067chevy

The panel below the deck lid is a rusted out but the deck lid can be saved.

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I could use the exhaust manifolds.

17. believe it or not the steel wheels are desirable theres a guy in ohio over on 57fordsforever.com looking for some i see alot of parts on it worth keeping if you were closer to me id buy the whole thing off of you

how good are the rear bumper guards id be interested in them

so the dash instruments are trashed?

does it have 2 usable blue armrest bases?

18. Looks to me like the fire got into the car and under the dash.

There's enough there to build a stock car, though. Well, you might need a rotty left fender to hang on it, but... you could clone an old dirt track car easy. It doesn't have to be pretty under the paint and the interior would be gutted with tin floors anyhow.

And not the eyebrow, save the whole fender, someone who needs one will fix the bottom of it - heck I saved one that's solid but whanged good over the headlight just for that reason - it's not rotted.

Best bet though is to spend some time on eBay and see what 57-58 Ford parts are selling -

19. Agreed..lots of good parts left on that old 300. At the very least, keep the 292, as `57s had the desirable "G" code heads, a little more compression with the smaller chambers, and if it's a 4V, the intake has a Holley pattern that is highly sought after as well. If the doglegs (at the bottom of the windshield, also called "knee-knockers") are good, cut them out, as they are a problem spot and usually rust out. Any power brake stuff, keep it, big bucks for the complete setup. As was mentioned before, if the roof is straight and solid, chop it off at the bottom, saving as much post material as possible, you never know.
    Thanks for the plug for 57fordsforever.com, 57ford/60thunderbird, we're starting to grow, but there's always room for one more.

20. throw some ATF into the cylinders and unstick the motor as somebody would like to have a good core motor but if space is a issue....