Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 Ford Fairlane suspension and steering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skriblz, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Skriblz

Skriblz

I have a 57 Ford Fairlane I'm trying to find zurk fittings steering suspension ball joints Ect. but I'm having trouble does anybody know of any other years that are interchangeable with the 57 or know anywhere where I can find parts

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

3. While these are becoming a thing of the past, you should still be able to get zerk fittings at any decent parts house. Worst case, you can get them mail order from McMaster-Carr.

Your Ford should have zerks on the ball joints (upper and lower), tie rods, and steering arm and idler arm if you have manual steering. Power steering won't have the last two.

4. finn

finn

Rock Auto lists ball joints, tie rod ends, and other parts for the 57 Ford. If you click on the blue part number it will show what other applications the part number is used on.

Looks like the 57 uses parts common to most 50's and 60's fords

5. Skriblz

Skriblz

I really appreciate your guys help this is my first Ford and it seems a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be but with all your guys help us get quite a few things for this car

Once I get a handful of parts I'll start to build thread on it so you guys can see it from start to finish

6. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

Cool car! U would be surprised at what napa can get for that old ride. I got tie rods rigjt from the store! They even had all the tune up parts. Some stuff is harder to find then others but for the most part ive found them pretty good for my 57.