Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 57 chev seat frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desotot, Jul 23, 2016.

1. desotot

desotot

Would anyone be able to post picks of a 57 chev 2dr front seat back rest frames. I am tweeking a 56 seat frame for 57 upholstery. Picks of the naked backrest frames would be the biggest help. Thanks Jack

2. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

If you are going to buy a kit , call Gina Ciadella at Ciadella's . They will make a 57 cover to fit the 56 frame. She was going to do it for a customer of mine. We decided to trade her a 56 frame for the 57 because of the look. Good luck Jack

belair likes this.
  3. desotot

desotot

My customer already bought the ciadella 57 upholstery and I just need to modify those last two pieces so I can finish the job tomorrow. I can fab and I may have to work from imagination but I am still hoping for a pic. Thanks for your input 56premiere.

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

5. desotot

desotot

Thanks but I need a glimpse of a stocker,I may just have to wing it.

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The stock zig zag seat back springs come to a point at the top. About 3 inches forward from the main frame. And about 3 or 4 inches above the main frame. The foam wraps around the springs forming a round top. Rather than a square boxy 56 Chevy seat.

7. desotot

desotot

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The listing on the rear of the front seat back is located lower than that of the 56 seat. Thus the attatchment point must be lowered. Then there is a smooth piece of metal the width of the seat and about 5 inches tall above that. The foam that creates the round top of the seat tucks behind the metal panel.