Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 buick with astro supremes....anybody got pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rare32, Jan 16, 2009.

1. rare32

rare32

as the title suggests....anybody got pics of a 57 (or 55/56) with astro supremes with wide whites fitted?
    while my car is basically stock except for a little lowering, I wondered what it might look like with these wheels?
    all I can find are ones with hubcaps or wires and the occasional billets

thanks

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm not a fan of wide whites on supremes... skinny whites look good on a 57...

[​IMG]

3. rare32

rare32

looks good.
    I dont mind astros with either wide whites or thin bands...they both look good.
    I have some 225/70 and 255/70 radial wide whites already(on another project), but I think the 255's might be too big out back?

dont suppose anybody has fitted air ride shockwaves to the front of a 57 buick with stock suspension?

4. twochops

twochops

Is it OK if the Buick is chopped?
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm thinking the 255's will be to big as well... as for the shockwaves, well I don't have a stock suspension to look at so I can't really get an idea right now.

6. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Just a friendly heads up. Measure the I.D. on the center of the rims. My american wheel supremes are too small and won't fit over the center hubs on my 56 special.:( Looking into using spacers.

7. rare32

rare32

ahh....good point.
    I will check that as I was possibly looking at the Unique Super Supremes that Cragar are selling.

zman, I have looked at the suspension while we had the car on the hoist, looked to me like shockwaves would work well, but it pays to ask before shelling out the $$