Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 Buick Special 2 door post

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 57Buick, Sep 29, 2017.

1. 57Buick

57Buick
    from Alabama

I have had this ol Buick for 3 or 4 years now and its been a real slow go but I have made a little progress here and there. I have put in a new floor and trunk, redone the seats and door panels. I sanded her down and put primer and blue scallops on it. It's got the original 364 nailhead, as best as I can tell, which will run when I hot wire it, since the ignition needs work. My short-term goal is roadworthy then go from there. Here is a pic or two
    [[/ATTACH] IMG_0443.JPG
    011.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. I like the way it looked before the primer, but that's just me. Keep up the progress photos, good luck.

3. 57Buick

57Buick
    from Alabama

I wish I would have kept the patina look now, but I had to do something with the rust I felt.

biggeorge likes this.
  4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

x2 on that! '57 is my favorite year of the Buick.

Any pics of the new floor (without carpet) and trunk?

dinglebarry and biggeorge like this.

5. 57Buick

57Buick
    from Alabama

I got some but I ain't too happy with my work, so I wont embarrass myself any further by putting them out there. I just got it in the best I could, made it work and carpeted over it :) Anyway, it's done, the seats are back in and I am working on bigger and better things now like motor stuff :)

MrNailhead likes this.
  6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Keep at it, man.

7. belair

belair

I love those cars. Don't be ashamed of what you can't do. Be proud of what you can.

Heavy Metal likes this.
  8. Are you going to rebuild the Nailhead? I took many pics when I built my 401 that I can share.

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. 57Buick

57Buick
    from Alabama

We checked compression and it's ok so I think at this point I will try and get it on the road first, then if and when I can afford it do a rebuild. I totally love the nailhead's and so look forward to working with it :) I appreciate the offer of the pics and I sure may take you up on it !