Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 56 Olds more door build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hispanicviking, Mar 1, 2016.

1. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Well, I picked this 56 Olds up about a month ago . I put my 58 Olds on hiatus for right now till I can get all the parts I need to do it up. So for the mean time I want to get this ol girl back on the road . It's kid friendly with the extra set of doors so I can haul my 2 kids around town in it. My plan is to make a mild kustom out of it.

2. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

I ditched those nasty seats right away . Probably would get herpes from sitting on them lol so they had to go !

Attached Files:

3. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

I already started taking the ol girl apart . Got the front fenders and inner fenders off gutted the dash and I'm in the middle of getting the wiring harness out, so I can fix it. Might have to buy one but I'd like to get the stock one back together first. The Olds did not have an engine or trans, but I have a 62 394 with a th350 behind it that's gonna fit nicely under the hood . I will post more pics of what I've started on the 56 in just a little bit.

Attached Files:

4. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

The floors are gonna need some help bad ! That's gonna be one of the first things I get done .

Attached Files:

5. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Hear are some pics I had on my phone more to come.

Attached Files:

32 4door likes this.
  6. Rand Man

Rand Man

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had a complete wiring harness from a 56 4 door I parted years ago but can not remember if I ever sold it.

8. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Does the 62 394 have side mounts or does it still mount at front? If it still mounts at front you will need to do mounts at the bell housing adapter plate (for torque). Or you can make some sort of side mount front cross member.

9. belair

belair

I loved my 55 Olds. Good luck with the new boat. 56s are really good looking cars.