Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 gasser name ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Aug 21, 2009.

1. lorodz

lorodz

lol..how bout blu balls.

2. lorodz

lorodz

3. lorodz

lorodz

blu swade shoes

4. lorodz

lorodz

5. mackster

mackster

"She Blue Me Hard!" i like this! and sounds like a promise! nice car btw...

6. lorodz

lorodz

that is the best one yet ....and thanks..

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

You better have that checked!

8. lorodz

lorodz

some of these names are a lil wacky for a car name but whatever keep em coming

9. Butch M

Butch M

How about.....BlewByeyou........

10. lorodz

lorodz

sounds good but i think there is a gasser name blubyyou

11. Brahm

Brahm

man I just threw up in my mouth a little bit I really need to stick to the traditional hot rod, and custom threads on here. ..fake patina, claiming to be an NHRA record holder, coloured lenses. I keep thinking I'll click one of these threads and find a great drag car and always end up in disappointment.. cept for the 8 second nova the other day (good job!)

Gassers = Rice Rockets for Baby Boomers as for a name... Parking Lot Poser?

12. lorodz

lorodz

you just threw up in ya mouth but you got a 69 camaro and and half done project buick rite ..im shure you got a mullet also ...and im the parking lot poser dont like it dont look at it ...

13. Brahm

Brahm

Took the camaro drag racing a couple a weeks ago, and i'll be heading back to the track (if things work out) on Saturday.

I wish my Buick was half way along, and I have 2 projects in the works (52 chevy pick up as well)

Btw It's a '69 not a '78. Get you White trash appeal to Camaro year fact chart straight.

'67-'73 = Racers, Long Hairs, and baby boomers.
    '74-'83 = Mullets, Heshers, and Scrap Metal collectors
    '84-'91 = Guidos, and Bracket Racers
    '92-'96 = Fresh Navy recruits
    '97-'02 = Rice Racers in denial, and Drag Racers

I also find it hilarious that the name "parking lot poser" illicits a response, but "Anal Smoker", and the 50 other "Anal" related name suggestions are is A-OK! Hit a little to close to home did I? :)

14. lorodz

lorodz

not at all you actually missed,
    im non of the above ..i build it the way i want and it always appeals to someone.some may like it some may not i could care less ...
    as to the name you mentioned earlier parking lot poser i misunderstood what you were saying didnt realize that was a name you were trying to give ...but either way will def see track time ..may not be 8 sec car but will def bust some ass... and as far as the other names some have givin i stated earlier there always anal related or stupid but its freedom of post as to you sir you can say what you want ...you have a right to your opinon even though your 69 comes with a mullet or flat top crew cut its bad ass im shure its fast

15. NO990

NO990
    from P.A.

How about 1/4 flash

16. edweird

edweird

use the metal tint stuff thats designed to tint chrome. Its kinda like candie colors. Its in a spray bomb. Its sold at auto zone, advance, etc. Works damn good on headlights.

17. fifty2-kustom

fifty2-kustom
    from australia

what about "the launchpad"

18. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

So Mr. Brahm, I guess this is a parking lot poser too huh???? And it is a true past record holder.

Attached Files:

19. lorodz

lorodz

leave that guy alone ..hes a noob ...but his camaro is nice ..but his buick looks to be a rat rod of sorts ...to each there own ...

20. 11 pages and you haven't picked a name yet?

Here's an idea: make it fast and let it get a "reputation" instead of a name on the side. You know, like a real big dick, not an empty codpiece...

21. lorodz

lorodz

maaybe " aged to perfection"
    or double nickel + 1
    cant do 55

22. lorodz

lorodz

hers todays photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Brahm

Brahm

Right on, good for you. If that's you driving it. Like I said, if you actually build em to race I respect em, and there are always exception (the rare few gassers I do like). But most people don't build them to chase ets, and when I say race I don't mean race once a year or do a cackle pass because you can't pass tech. If your the type of person who is a drag racers first, nostaglia buff second.. right on build a gasser have a blast (although I'd prefer you find an old gasser and bring it back to life then destroy another tri-5) ...but if you're building gassers cause you think they look cool and plan to see more parking lots then ets, don't bother to make it NHRA legal, ect ect.. that's just sad imop. It's like building a dragster with no intention to race it.. what's the point.

With that said..if you broke some records driving your car awesome, I've got respect for you! If you bought a car that somebody else broke records in. Great job on the stock market!

A noob.. I've been around since before the board swap, and am one of the original 500 members here on the new forum. My Buick is chopped, channeled and sitting on the stock frame, and suspension. How does that make it a rat rod? Stock Buicks came with 4 wheel leaf springs, there is nothing rat rodish going on with it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  24. lorodz

lorodz

i dont care if you are are original 500 memeber or not you are the only one to seem to have a problem with what i did with my car "yes my car i paid for it ill brun the shit if i want ....the car was a scrap pile when i bought it nothing on it at all completly stripped down to nothing...i would love to run it on the track but to bad for me the closest one is in new jersey more than 3 hours from me so the street will have to do ...this car is what it is...i wanted a gasser i built one every part on this car was used in its time to race so i dont see what the problem is you like pro street camaros i like 60 's era gassers this site is to restore or build in a tradditional style if my car isnt tradditional i dont know what is ..i cant please everyone ..this site is great but every onc in a while ya get a guy like you who knows everything do me a favor stay off my post and go create your own and go bitch about parking lot posers there thanks and have a nice day bud..

25. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

How about "the maxipad" it is light blue and white. You could incorporate that theme into the upholstery if you want.
    [​IMG]

26. Brahm

Brahm

Hahaha.. Your hilarious. I'm not the only one, read back threw the thread. I'm just the least subtle. (edit see above post)

Funny, first you call me a noob implying that I'm a new member here, when I've got 9 years on you... I call you on it and now "i dont care if you are are original 500 member ".

No I don't have a problem with what your doing with your car it's your car, and I don't care how you payed for it, but if your going to build a pseudo drag car and ask people for opinions about it on hamb except to get some shit, what next do you plan to stick a hollowed out super charger on it? Welcome to hamb, you will get shit, and if you going to cry about it.. Why don't you call your baby blue car "Cry Baby", and post a mural of Johnny Depp on the side.

Man, give a guy a little ribbin watch him get into a tissy fit. If you want to get into a pissing match ok.. I WISH I had a track 3 hours from me. I don't have a trailer, and when I race I have to drive the car I'm racing 7-8 hours each way for 1/8th mile test tune, but I do it and I love every minute of it. Also my car isn't a "pro street" muscle car, It run's a 10" tire, and has stock style suspension.... ....it's not even the reason I'm on this forum so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. What next are you going to chastise me for driving a XJ jeep to work?

Btw, not that I give two shits, I don't think there is anything traditional about building gassers as street cars. Gassers traditionally were dedicated race cars from what I understand. I don't claim to be a know it all, in fact I know very little, and i'm quite the novice in many things, but if your gonna start a "hey i'm to wishy washy and unimaginative to think up a name for my own car thread" don't blame me if a few of us take the opportunity to put you in a head lock and give you a hard time..

27. lorodz

lorodz

you win ......im not going to waste time with this as said before you know everything ..just like you carb thread on how everyone is using edelbrock carbs instead of holleys i think that you feel theres only one way to go and thats your way ..if not you dont like it ..

oh and by the way im using edelbrock carbs also 2 600cfms.. so you must be rite if there on my car ..

here is another picture i made it to look vintage
    [​IMG]

28. Brahm

Brahm

That (carb) thread was just for some workday afternoon fun! Although I dislike the looks of those carbs, and how they perform. Frankly I've come to realize that I can't be bothered with all the shit other people do on there cars. I can barely handle my own..and if I should be pissed about anything it's the car hoarder who lives just out of town that has hands down the most amazing collection of California Desert steel..that is literally being consumed by trees. If I can rescue just one of those cars from him I'd be a happy camper. With that said, if you can't have a bit of fun on the internet whats the point. It's not like i'm going to come to your house when your sleeping spray your car flat black and toss a big block in it.

29. lorodz

lorodz

well as of big block thats coming not in a rush to put it in until i have the correct fuel system and ignition system but its on its way so hopefully bye next year it will have a 454 in it rite now its in the works just need the cash ...