Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 56 Ford Mainline heater options?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Domino, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Domino

Domino

I just bought a 56 mainline. It has the heater with the blower on the fender. There was a more basic heater that only had one knob and the blower was inside. Does anyone have pics of this version. I believe I want to find this version for mine.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

2. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Domino

Domino

I have heard of both of those. Unfortunately the pics no longer load on that post and google shows very little of consequence.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

Go to ebay and search for item 311792954446

5. Domino

Domino

If that had the control panel and the firewall panel I would buy that. I sent the seller a message. They do not have the rest.

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I like the heater that has the blower motor mounted on the inner fender better,that heating system the blower motor does not need to be on while driving down the highway where the cheaper version will have to be on the get heat out of it. My 55 has that heater and no way would I ever change it to the cheaper version and if I were to buy one with the cheaper heater I would be getting the parts to put the other on.

7. Domino

Domino

Mine has the one with the blower outside. My manual will be here next week. Do you have a diagram of how it goes?

8. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, if that didn't get you there, my apologies.

I can't tell enough of the dimensions from the pictures I can find, but the general layout is similar to the Tbirds. Heater delete plates, and the cap for the air duct are available for the birds from Casco Thunderbird. I can give you those dimensions if it helps along the way.