Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 56 ford 292 NO CRANK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikhett, Jul 22, 2015.

1. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

OK,MY 56 ford Victoria kustom project has ground to a halt.Today it would not crank.Battery is at 13 volts.ALL PLUGS are out.lubed cylinders with marvel mystery oil 30wt motor oil 50/50.Using a remote starter switch (heavy duty) connected from+ battery to S TERMon starter solenoid get a Click only.NO CRANK.WHEN I TURN CRANK DAMPER THE NUT JUSTS GETS TIGHTER .PULLEY DOESNT TURN.TOMORROW I WILL PULL STARTER.Did I miss anything?THANKS MIKE.

2. Check/clean the battery terminals first... Still no go? Has the battery been load tested? Did the motor turn before? Has the motor or trans been out of the car?

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

What's the background story... Did it run yesterday? Was it just rebuilt? Has it been sitting?

Sounds like it's seized, but a guess at why can't really be given until you fill in the blanks.

4. AmishMike

AmishMike

Separate Ford starter solenoid? Touch battery hot wire on starter side of solenoid to see if starter turns. Or pull starter and hit with hot wire to see if spins - hold it tight with your foot - lots of torque there. Manual trans? - start pushing. Some old automatics will also turn over engine when pushed. Answer TexasHardcore questions.

5. AmishMike

AmishMike

Just remembered - had same problem with a 6. Sat for couple seasons, humid weather = rusted couple valves open. Valve enough to freeze valve train/cam thus crank not turn. Remove valve covers, loosen all rockers - all valves close or???? After trying to get valves to move - Ended up I took off head and smacked valves loose with large hammer. Later after driving for while; broke valve springs ( 1 at a time ) on valves that had sat open so long. Good luck!!!