Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '56 F100 windshield trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hardonsky23, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Hardonsky23

Hardonsky23

Hey y'all i'm building a '56 F-100 and i'm ready to install my glass and i found out Mid-Fifty is now reproducing the front windshield trim. Has anyone had any experience installing these or an original and how difficult are they to install? I've got solid window molding, but was thinking about getting the type for the chrome, but have zero experience installing windows or window trim.

http://midfifty.com/item.php?INV_ID=574&PN=Windshield-trim-1956-chrome

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I own an F-100 like yours and you want to install the glass into the truck first and then GENTLY press the trim into the seal.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. eberhama

eberhama

The re-pop stuff is chromed aluminum, as opposed to the stainless the original was. You put the rubber around the glass, put the trim in the groove, and install the windshield like normal. It would be very tough to get the trim in once the glass is installed, and I wouldn't want to flex the trim and risk damaging the plating.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

GOJO works well as a lube to assist in the install of the glass, as well as a 1/4 inch nylon rope to go around the glass in the channel that lips over the body.