Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 Dodge 271 cube Hemi Pickup.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ONEBADMK8, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8
    from NJ

Have a chance to get a decent one fairly cheap but I want to know what FAIR really is with such a vehicle. I know nothing about them and do not want to get smoked. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance,
    -Geno.

2. ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8
    from NJ

The truck is not running. It has a newly rebuilt starter ,generater,carb.
    Also new wires rotor, cap and points. The body is solid with basically no rot only surface rust on one side. Interior is there but not perfect. Frame is excellent, whats a fair high/low I can expect to pay?

Attached Files:

3. Squablow

Squablow

The engine should be 270 cubic inches and most of the '56 trucks I've seen have poly head engines in them but I suppose it could be ordered with hemi heads on it.

You need pictures and a way, way more detailed description to be able to judge what the value is. Knowing nothing about it, the price could be anywhere from $500 for a junk body with a core engine that may or may not be rebuildable, to $15K for a super nice restored one with all the goodies on it.

EDIT I see you've added some pics and description. I would put that truck in the $2K range, give or take $500 depending on some variables.

4. ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8
    from NJ

Got ya, thanks. He is asking WAYYYYYYY too much then at 3k!! LOL!! I thought those Hemis are worth a decent penny by themselves. I know there not the 331's but still?

5. ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8
    from NJ

I have no idea if it's original or not in any way.

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

The original engine was a poly V-8, not a hemi. They may look cool, but are not the best performance engines available and not worth much themselves.

Looks to me as though that truck has been lowered, normally there is a lot more space between the top of the tires to the fender openings. I'd sure want to know how they lowered it, if they just heated the springs until they sagged enough to make them happy, they are now junk. That truck had leaf springs all around and a beam front axle. If they actually performed a proper lowering job, that could increase the value (saves you from doing it). The wheels are not stock, so what are the brakes/axles from? Its hard to tell body condition with primmer. Good paper work would be a must. Way too many questions to set a ball park figure, but saw a decent original truck around here sell for $2500 recently, and one a bit rougher looking then that one go for $300. Gene