Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

55 Olds Super 88 Holiday Coupe Sale Or Trade

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Grease Monkeys, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Grease Monkeys

Grease Monkeys

City: Hilton Head Island

State: South Carolina
    Price: $16,000
    Thought I would be keeping this car but my health is deteriorating rapidly and I want to get that #1 car on the list before I can not enjoy it anymore. This Olds is my daily driver, I put close to 40k miles on it last year! I would trust it 100% for a 1000+ mile trip.

As far as trades go I am ONLY open to A's and T's. Roadsters are good, roadsters with a soft top are better and cars with a roof are best. Not open to bangers at the moment.

These pictures were taken about 2 months ago and are still an accurate representation of the car. It is currently tagged, insured and registered in South Carolina and has a clean South Carolina title. I have a TON of history on this car, while I have only owned it for the past 5 years I was part of the original restoration on it 15 years ago. Heads were rebuilt with hardened valve seats for unleaded gas. In the past 3 years it has had a full brake overhaul all parts were professionally rebuilt (White Post) or new. Rewired from firewall forward. Edelbrock carb installed (could use a rebuild/new) and could easily go back to the old Rochester 4 Jet if you wanted a factory car for shows. Electric choke but not wired in. Edelbrock air cleaner, I have the original batwing if you want to go that direction. Professionally rebuilt power steering pump. New U-joints. New under cap electronic ignition as well as a professionally rebuilt vacuum advance. Everything works except the factory radio, it worked until last month and I have not gotten into it to find out what crapped out. Interior is either original to the car (headliner/door panels/some seat upholstery/dashpad) or NOS installed 15 years ago and correct for the car. Car was factory black mono tone and was repainted 15 years ago. ALL trim/stainless/chrome is intact but rechromed parts are not holding up as well as the original chrome. One small (half dollar sized) patch of rust on the hood corner and some minor bubbling on one rear fender. Worst parts about this car are the original interior and the clear coat. Headliner is intact but the stitching is failing. It would not be difficult to restitch the headliner and keep it factory (minor amateur repair in the stitching from previous owner). This car has by far the EASIEST headliner to replace (I know because I was part of the original restoration team and I took it out and reinstalled it at the customers request). Trans leaks a bit, should be a trans pan gasket (previous owner tried to "fix" it with gobs of RTV). Slight oil consumption, roughly 1/4 quart every 2 fill ups. I think that is about all. If I can think of anything else I will post it up.
    side5.jpg front.jpg Back.jpg D-Side.jpg P-Side.jpg

Attached Files: