Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 olds lug pattern?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j_johnson, Aug 14, 2010.

1. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

Anybody know what a 55 olds lug pattern is? Not by my car to check right now. Also I think I read somewhere that some or all of the threads are reverse threads??? Thanks in advance!

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

5X5 left side has left hand threads and right side has right hand threads unless someone changed them.

3. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

The pattern is 5 lugs, 5 inches.
    The left hand studs "may" have an "L" stamped on the ends.

4. If I remember correctly there was an "L" stamped into the exposed end of the studs that were left hand thread.

Charlie Stephens

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Doesn't anyone read the replies before posting. It got answered in 3 minutes by the first reply. :rolleyes:

6. InPrimer

InPrimer

FWIW sometime there is a time delay. It's happened to me before, read the problem, with no replies, and by the time I answered I was 4th or so in line, Hey man chill out..... better too many answers than none IP

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ya 45 minutes is a good delay.:rolleyes: or you type real slow.

8. In answer to your question, yes I read the reply before I posted. As you can see from the time stamp my post occured one minute after the second reply. Since the second reply was not posted at the time I began to type my post and I thought it might be valuable to know that the left hand studs usually were marked with an "L" I took the trouble to post. I guess that was my mistake and I am sorry to offend you. If you have any recommendations how to avoid a repeat of this serious blunder on my part would you please post them.

Charlie Stephens

9. F&J

F&J

Multiple same answers gaurantees the info is 100% correct. That is appreciated by many who ask questions here, including me.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

With yours having a 1 minute delay and refering to stamping your excused from this point I made. I know about multible answers falling on top of each other. But if your sideing with a person that points a gun on you and says get off my lawn, well then you missed my point.

11. Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens [​IMG]
    In answer to your question, yes I read the reply before I posted.

Charlie Stephens

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    With yours having a 1 minute delay and refering to stamping your excused from this point I made. I know about multible answers falling on top of each other. But if your sideing with a person that points a gun on you and says get off my lawn, well then you missed my point.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Have I not signed my name enough

I agree 100% with your point, it is just unfortunate you picked a bad example to illustrate it.

Charlie Stephnes

12. InPrimer

InPrimer

Hey Mr. Gee, usually I let sleeping dogs lie........But If you don't appreciate my avitar, which btw is a joke, maybe you ought to..... AGAIN... chill out, sounds to me like you are having a bad day , or you are really thin skinned. PS I live in AZ where guns are welcomed!

13. Fenders

Fenders

Fifty years ago I worked at a Buick dealership/garage for a summer job... told to change the tires on a car... DANG they're on tight... SNAP oops, must'a been frozen, lets try another.... SNAP oops....

Love them left hand lug nuts !

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Bad day ? More of a bad week. Im makeing no excuses or saying sorry. They root of my rant I would say is my Fathers health and health care today. And seeing that people can't see the obvious just tweeked me. It's Sunday so everyone have a good day.

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Drink a beer orother beverage of choice as this is not worth getting all worked up over.

16. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

Thanks for the replies!!!