Register now to get rid of these ads!

55' International R-100 Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JDiGio1960, Mar 10, 2013.

1. JDiGio1960

JDiGio1960
    from Ventura,CA

So, I just picked this 55' up in Wilmington, CA from a rad dude who wrenched on it here and there. It most definitely needs work. The only bad rust I've have found so far is on the passenger side can corner. First thing first, I pulled off all the fenders and tomorrow will be re-aligning and doing some easy touch up body work along with new hardware. I work at ARP fasteners so I might as well truck it out with some fancy ass bolts. As far as body shape goes, I love it. It has an awesome patina, even though there is a little bit of bondo and rewelds, it looks rad to me. I have new wide whites on order. As well as a new wiring harness and Lokar shifter. The motor is a 250 Chevy i6 backed by a turbo 350. I'm going to keep it as is for now until I save up to build a bitchen 460 or 351w for it. Enough of my babbling. Here's some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. bsievers1616

bsievers1616
    from Dallas, TX

just 1 post for this thread? dang. I have a 55 myself that i am going to be picking up, i was hoping for some good info.

have you changed anything with the suspension and drive train?

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

he must be working on it to much to stop here , his profile said he was last here April of 2013

4. bsievers1616

bsievers1616
    from Dallas, TX

ya, my bad. noob mistake not checking the dates