Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 ford Gasser? Any examples?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sobastrace, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Does anyone have any photographs of gasser style 53 to 56 fords? Were there any historically significant ones?

-Spence

2. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Don't forget the episode of 'Adam12". where offcr.jim reed dragraces his old high school ride 55 ford d/ gasser:DSparky

3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Here's a '55. And a couple of '57s. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Here's a '56 Hardtop with a '55 grille. This picture was taken in aprox. 1976 when I was 8 years old. This was my introduction and ultimately my start with a life long love affair with '55-'56 Fords. It was shit-yourself-fast with a 428 cobra jet and 4 speed, especially to an 8 year old sitting in the front seat. The neat thing about this car was that it had a fiberglass fliptop nose on it with a "Thunderbolt" style hood scoop molded in. The only one I've ever seen in my life for '55/56 Fords. The car still exsists in this form with the exception of the motor. The second picture was taken about two years ago.

Attached Files:

5. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

This was on ebay a while back. '54 Ford glasstop.

Attached Files:

• 00_1.jpg
      00_1.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  6. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

56..D/Gas.......Leppard photo

7. I've been a fan of '55-'56s ever since I saw a metallic green '56 highboy in an early '70s Hot Rod. (Anyone else remember it? FE motor and 4-spd, Americans...cool stuff.) Always wanted to build one just to have something different than the tri-fives.

Surely there were more of 'em built than this!

8. GaryC

GaryC

here's my survivor '55. I'm actually putting it back to how it sat at the height of the gasser wars - including the paint scheme. The only things that will be era incorrect are the cage which is being built to current spec, I'm tempted to hang a 4 link off the rear and which ever way I go.. I'll be ditching the world's scariest shackles... and the powertrain won't be the original setup it used to campaign.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. OLD SWEDE

OLD SWEDE

I have a question,,,,,,,,, do the Fords weigh more or less than a tri 5 ??/ suppose the answer will be,,, about the same ...

JEFF

10. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

God do I miss that car. IT was the coolest.

Drew

11. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Here's another shot I found in my archives........

Attached Files:

12. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

nitrobrother, YES! I remember that car too!! I had the page ripped out and hung on my bedroom wall for years!! It was a light metallic green '56 Crown Victoria.
    It was unusual back then to see tri-five FORDS in the magazines, so it stood out like a sore thumb! Cool stuff indeed!

13. PooterWS6

PooterWS6
    from DFW, TX

Damn I love the stance/looks of that one!:cool:

14. Hey Kustom Klown! One major 'atta boy Good Job! You really made my evening with the picture of that yellow 55 Ford. I really like that picture you put up, was that one you took? If it was can you tell us more about the car?:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

15. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy, I can't remember where I got that picture from. It might have been a car that was on ebay a few years back. That's the only shot of it that I have. Unfortunately I don't have any info on the car either....sorry.......

16. S1B

S1B

I've been trying to find that pic for a year ,to use as some what a giude.I have a 53 Ford like that one ,that I want to build into a gasser.

17. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

just about the time i decide i want to lower my car you guys get the tread started back up

Attached Files:

18. 38dlxcp

38dlxcp

here are a couple more pics of the yellow one, it was on ebay a few years back

Attached Files:

19. KoppaK

KoppaK

There is a feature of a chopped 55 Ford Gasser in No. 2 Kustoms Illustrated, Sorry I can't scan at the moment puter taken a dump.

20. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

There is a feature of a chopped 55 Ford Gasser in No. 2 Kustoms Illustrated, Sorry I can't scan at the moment puter taken a dump.

Here are some outtakes of the photo shoot on that car.

Attached Files:

21. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

Not a 53-56 but thought you might want to see it anyway. Kevin from the Choppers in Cleveland, Ohio drives this 57.

Dave

Attached Files:

22. I wish soemone would come up with a shot of it! (I thoughtit was a 2-dr sedan, but I could be dismemberiing it wrong.)

23. What ever happend to that car?

24. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Great thread. Love seeing the 55/56 gassers. :)

25. SHRUM

SHRUM

[​IMG]

Mine in Howard, KS

Best picture I can come up with at work,check my profile if you want to see some more.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  26. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

That car is for sale at Shaker Valley autos in New Hampsire! I was just up there looking at it. It has some great history!

27. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    I'm sure to most a gasser has to have a straight axle. Mine won't but other than that it will have all the signs of a Saturday night serious street racer from the late 50s. No plastic burger and fries on an A&W window tray for me.

28. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

What a crazy looking car! I've never seen a custom/gasser. It would be hard for me to decide which way to build it. :confused: I think I would have to pick one way or the other though.

29. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I remember that episode. Dick Clark played the track owner

30. sambo

sambo

Was this yellow car for sale in Boise Idaho about 20 some years ago? I went and looked at it and he gave me a test drive.'Bout all I remember was yellow 55 or 56,gasser stance,black interior,and maybe an FE.Probably not, but does any else remember? I still remember riding in it,feeling kind of guilty because I was 17 and could never afford it.I still wish I could have though!