Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 chevy Gasser progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Great looking '55. The only thing I'd change is I'd radius the rear wheelwells.

Doc.

2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

You don't need a centered pinion...a couple of inches off is fine if you have the room and the shaft isn't extremely short. The truck was designed like it and it was doing OK!

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

If I remember this one is about 56.75" FLANGE TO FLANGE, its out of a 64-66 ford 1/2 ton 4WD. It's just 28 spline but it's one of the few that has the same length axle on either side. So I got an extra axle all set up with new bearings and ready to go in case I break one. ( Cheaper than 31 spline ) I did send all 3 axles to Moser and had them re-drilled to 41/2 on 5. ( lot more wheel choice's Gary

4. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Yea the plan is to fill in a little on the upper corner's and make a nice round radius, kinda like a 55 Nomad. Then add a little lip. ( Anybody got some Nomad 1/4's they want to donate HA! ) Gary

5. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

He's an asshole Gary

6. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Since you mentioned it, round them out. With a little flare, like the original wheelwell had.

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I'm thinkin satin black and because I got this kick-ass vintage gold metal flake steering wheel, the top ,garnish mouldings, and face of the dash will be a gold metal flake to match. Rest of the interior will be black. Gary

8. Short Bull

Short Bull

Sounds like a swell plan. Would you be keeping those Milner style wheels on ? Some day ...on my street machine I was thinking maybe blue or green, or a dark grey,something to the tune of the Badman. Badlands Badman V perhaps? Well thats a long ways away yet.

Good luck there Mr. Gary.
    [​IMG]

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Yep , chrome wheels is my favorite wheel. I do have a set of front runners that look like an old Anson that will also see some road time. Gary

10. RoadBurner1

RoadBurner1
    from Nebraska

11. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Gassers always get my blood pumping. The progress looks awesome. Like Spike said a 55 gasser is at the top of my list of cars to have some day.

Jonney

12. Hard to beat! Cool old car.<iframe style="border: 2px inset ; width: 100%; height: 100px;" tabindex="1" id="vB_Editor_QR_iframe"></iframe>