Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 55-57 Chevy 210 Replacement Floor Pans. (partials)-HELP

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mitchell Rish, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I need to do a small amount of work on the floor pans on my 57 sedan( lucky its only a small spot in each) . My thought is that the partials will make perfect patches and match the bead roll patterns/holes/seams etc and allow me to but weld them in.
    Its to nice to require a total pan replacement. Here is my question for those that have done pans on the tri fives- WHO HAS THE BEST PARTIAL PANS? I don't want to order and regret it. Let me know you won't hurt my feelings- Better to know now than later .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  2. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

I recall 10-15 years ago most catalogs/ companies use to offer “best” and “good” floor pans. Now you’ve got to depend on price comparison to discern the two. If the floor pans you find are cheaper than most anything else you find it’s probably “good” (which also means bad? Lol) and if it’s expensive than it’s “best.” There’s a third category that has emerged in recent years, and that is if you found it on eBay it’s probably garbage.

I don’t know for sure, but I believe as the world got smaller (interwebs) more companies began selling floor pans, but I don’t believe any more companies started making them so the split in quality has probably stayed consistent.

If you don’t want to deal with some minor misalignment or fabrication to achieve proper fitment, spend the big bucks at a company known for supplying these parts (year one/ ecklers/ Danchuk) and you should get a quality floor pan.

Disclaimer: This is coming from a guy that modifies cheap black market floor pans to fit or makes them from scratch. I’ve never ponied up the big bucks for a “best” floor pan. But I’ve done two tri fives, one full floor and one with patch panels and I lived to tell the tale with the “good” quality pans.

5window likes this.
  3. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I will second the advise above to avoid the cheap ebay floor pans. I made the mistake of buying some for my 50 chevy truck, looked like a middle school metal project.

4. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

I helped with the install of the complete floorpan with braces on a 55 Chevy 2door sedan purchased from Danchuck. It is a big undertaking but it fit pretty good and we are glad we went that route.

5. oldskool.

oldskool.
    from florida

Many years ago I installed a drivers side front floor pan purchased from Danchuk. It didn't need any mods and fit and looked OEM. Even the welds were undetectable after carpet and undercoating was applied,LOL

6. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I was a Danchuk, CARS and a few others dealer many years ago and found CARS Inc. to have high quality sheet metal made in the USA. I sold a lot of their stuff and installed a lot also. Floor pans are more forgiving than outer body parts but I had no complaints with their product.

Pat

loudbang likes this.
  7. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Thanks for the info guys. That’s exactly what I wanted to know. I am equipped as well as any one and I could do my normal bead roll race car interior, but for this car I am honestly trying to stay street. ( I promise I am ). Yea I know. I’ve never been real good at that.
    This is a build that as I progress someone might want it more than me and I am trying to for once think beyond the Christmas tree and the finish line.
    Thanks again.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Squablow

Squablow

It could be totally random, but every time I buy a floor pan with the black e-coat primer on it it seems to be an excellent fit, and every time I get a bare metal one it looks like I could have made it myself. I feel like all of the good stamped pieces also get the e-coat primer.

9. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Note to remember thanks.

10. belair

belair

Nobody regrets paying a little more for stuff that works the first time. Good luck.

Algoma56 likes this.
  11. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got all but one floor pan in.Quality is better than I expected. Other one (drivers side back pan) had to come from another location I’ll start using my ospho and rust kill and then let that cure before I start cutting and replacing. Again thanks for info

oneratfink57 likes this.
  12. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Floor pans all in. Disc brake kit also. Now gotta clean out shop at the house so I can get it in.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Post those pics.
    I’m up for the same thing. Debating building them Vs buying them.

14. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Front pair for 107 delivered. And the back ones -only showing one / shop is cold lol- actually covers and matches better than I expected. Around 70 each if I remember right and they were direct shipped.
    They are also a thicker gauge than the original. And that’s not a bad thing. They actually curve all the way up and leave room for an overlap. ( if thats the way you want to go ) or like me I like to either but weld /step flange and weld /seal both sides.
    Sorry about not posting sooner. Been a nut house around here lately.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  15. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Also just ordered the pass side rocker. Nows the time and the more look into that side it would just be easier and quicker.

16. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Rockers are in. Look pretty good.

Attached Files: