Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 55/56 ford (CAR) people with Borgeson 800115 box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Mar 27, 2017.

1. I am thinking about adding the box to my frame while building the chassis. I have read that the box fits nicely, and that the pitman does as well. What everyone says is that the stock tube and inner shaft has to be cut down to work. I already have a fully rebuilt front end, and rebuild manual steering rack.

The reason I am thinking of upgrading to power steering is because I need to replace my manual box. When I got my car it had an FE stuffed into it. Someone took it apon themselves to GRIND down the steering box itself for clearance on the manifold. While internally ok, I will not run the box because of this.

EDIT: PIC
    [​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of how they attached the borgeson box to the stock steering shaft, and also how to attach the outer tube to the box, or if it needs to be left short and another column support added in, or what? I'm sure I can figure something out, but I figure why not listen to the wisdom of those that have already done it.

Thanks
    Brian

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017