Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Plymouth rear end worth selling?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smurftastic, May 19, 2013.

1. Pulled from my savoy to make room for a blazer rear. Have leafs and deiveshaft too. Is it worth selling or just scrap it?

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I would throw it on Craigslist or Kijiji for $50 bucks. Someone might take it off your hands and save you a trip to the junkyard. It is not a real desirable piece. But why waste it if someone can use it?

3. Try and sell it first, then scrap it if it wont sell after awhile. ot desirable for the most part, but you never know ad at least you put it out there if someone can use it.

4. You could use it under a trailer where the ratio wouldn't matter. Flat six Mopars were geared pretty low.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

always offer old parts on craigslist before tossing in the trash. they stopped making old cars a long time ago, and they will not be making any more.

6. 327Eric

327Eric

Craigslist it for a couple weeks at least before you scrap it.
    there is always someone who needs it, or part of it. Unfortunately, the person that needs it is usually as rare as the part in question.

7. raidmagic

raidmagic

Funny I have a rear end out of a 48 Dodge pick up I can't sell. I threw it on CL with no takers but the front straight axle from the same truck was partially in the picture and a guy contacted me from that ad for the front axle. Still have the stupid rear end lol

8. I tried selling a '50 Chevy rear for six months. Scrapped it. Three months later my buddy tells me he has someone who needs one.

They don't take up that much room, start an ad and put it back to the top once a month or so. If it runs six months it runs six months.