Register now to get rid of these ads!

'54 Lincoln front suspension question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hippie6, Apr 17, 2006.

1. hippie6

hippie6

Can some body please tell me.... Is the front suspension (spindles) the same from a Ford to a Merc to a Lincoln???? Fatman says they are the same but their spindles are $500. DC ent. says they are different but their complete set up (spindles and disc brakes) is only $600. I just don't want to spend time and $$$$ in the wrong place. All I want to do is to make the car whoa and go. I don't want fancy stuff, I just want disc brakes and also to drop the front end a couple of inches.

Please help!!! Billet proof is coming soon!!!

2. Lincoln spindles are different than Ford. I have been searching for a disc kit for months...

Dan

3. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Rob said that the only thing off a Ford that will work on the 54 Lincoln is the steering linkage, tie rod ends upper and lower control arm bushing ,but it has to be from a 56 ford.
    we got our brake kit from master power brakes for your 54 lincoln.

The spindles from fatman are already set up for disc's. He used our spindles to make the mold for 54 Lincoln.

Brian, if you don't want to purchase drop spindles, you can cut a coil or two from springs and will still get a decent ride. Or is your spring pocket on your A frame is rivited or bolted you can put a spacer between it and the a frame, be sure to use grade 8 bolts or stronger.

4. hippie6

hippie6

Sounds like I'm gettin' spindles from fatman and brakes from master power brakes!! I really must get off my buttocks and finish makin' my motor mounts and get the motor in. Then I can work on the suspension!!! My favorite part!!!

5. Hey Brad call me if you need a hand on the mounts.:eek:

6. hippie6

hippie6

So far so good!! I got the top half of the motor mounts made now I just need to finish them. I 'ought be ok this weekend but if you have some time the following weekend running harness and boltin' the "new" motor in. Oh yeah I bought a set of porta-walls for Link last weekend of ebay. Gettin a little interest in the auction stuff.

Look out it'll be rollin' soon!!!!!! (I hope!?!?!?!?) lol