Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Chevy, Mustang tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Just curious what sending unit to buy that will fit the Mustang gas tank and work with aftermarket fuel gauges. Cant seem to find out what sender to buy.

Thanks boys,
    Jaison

2. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

The mustang tank sender is 73-10 so you will have to use that ohm fuel gauge, most aftermarket sources carry that range
    Mark

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The easiest thing to do is, as Mark says, use the stock sender for the tank and get an aftermarket gage to fit.

There are also "universal" sending units available for different Ohmn gages.

4. I have the mustang gas tank with the stock sending unit.When I ordered it I picked the 3/8 line . You can choose between the 5/16 or 3/8 fuel line.Depending on what brand of gauges you get.You can call there tech line and ask for the correct one for your gas sending unit.Thats what I did for my autometer gauges and it's pretty dam accurate.

5. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Cool thanks guys, my biggest concern is the actual fit into the Goodmark mustang gas tank. Are all the sending units going to match the tank?

Jaison