Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 54 chevy grill ideas?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Apr 28, 2010.

1. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

put 53 tail lights on it and everyone will think your 54 grill is custom.lol

I love the 54 grill to, you cant go wrong with corvette teeth or 11 54 teeth, maybe mold the surround and float the stock teeth? just a thought.

Godspeed
    MrC.

2. hotdamn

hotdamn

I know this is old as the dickins but those are 53 chevy teeth bro.

if you do a flat bar like a kaiser which is what I imagine kustom777 has in there, do know that you will have to open it up and take the angle out of it.

I swapped my 54 front end out for a 53 and then cut down the grill opening and moulded it in, I have a kaiser bar that I am going to cut 3" off of each side as well as cut it in half so I can reconfigure the angle and have a floating bar, I think it will look pretty damn sporty myself...

also I have a good friend that sectioned a 54 and his grill is pretty awesome, He just took the stock one and cut it down, did away with the park lights and built a cavity for it to recess in, looks really good.

and last but not least if you ever find a hens tooth known as a 59 chrysler imperial grill then that would be an awesome fit!!!

with a little trimage of course ;)

3. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

Love that 54 chevy grille! When we decided to come out with some new style tube grilles we used the 54 chevy grille as our "inspiration". We just finished this one here in the pic which we made more like the 53 Buick grille (another favorite). The grille in the pic is for a 55 or 56 Ford, but we're also going to make it for the 53 & 54 Chevy's (and probably early 50's too). I usually wouldn't post something like this here, but I would like to know what you think.

Attached Files:

4. would like to see it installed first , laying there on the table it looks cool but alittle busy

5. samba54

samba54
    from AZ

54 Pontiac would look tits