Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs '53 Chevy plastic ring spacer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59IMPALER, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Tried to install my new Taiwan horn ring this weekend. The center base is almost twice as thick as stock. That makes everything bottom out and not work. While trying to modify the plastic horn ring spacer, I screwed it up and I need one, and nobody makes one. I'm looking for a used one. Does anybody on here have one I could buy, or do you know somebody that I could buy one from? I hope that a Moderator doesn't move this to "Wanted". Pretty sure nobody trolls "wanted" to just see if I'm looking for one. I would search that forum, but I don't see a "Search" option for that forum. I don't have time to look through 700 pages trying to find one.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Your talking about the small plastic that goes under the horn ring. Then the thin metal plate. The tri fives use the same and you can get a kit. If you can't find one PM me.

3. I was wondering if the Tri fives would work or not. Different vendors that sell both pre and post tri five stuff, list 53/54 as their own application. If Tri five also fits, wouldn't they list it as such so as to gain more sales? If you have the plastic ring and the metal plate, would you be so kind as to measure their diameters and I'll check them against what I have. If you could post a couple pics, that would even be more awesome. Also, I can't find any icon to click for sending PMs. Where's it at?

4. I ordered the Tri Five kit. The Car Store gave me the dimensions of the pieces, and it looks like they are the same two parts. I'll let you know if they work.