Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 / 54 Chevy - horn ring install question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Custom54, May 25, 2007.

1. Custom54

Custom54

Finally got a new horn ring for my 54 Chevy and now I can't figure out how it all goes back together.

I got the horn contact, plastic screw insulators, a round metal plate, a clear plastic spacer, and the horn ring. Am I missing a spring, and what order to they go? Anyone got any pics?

Thanks

2. Here you go. The spring and button goes in the steering wheel, then the tin plate, then the plastic ring. Next, the horn ring goes on with the screws and plastic sleeves. Hope this does the trick for you.

Attached Files:

3. In the upper right corner of the last picture, there's a tin ring with a tang, and a pair of screws. Those pieces go on the back of the steering wheel. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

4. Custom54

Custom54

So simple, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks Wrenchbender54

5. gonzo2424

gonzo2424

Note... Although this thread is old, if someone searches this could be of use. If your horn isn't working don't just assume you need new rings. Take it apart and sometimes the tin plate, and button can collect dirt/surface rust, sand the contact points of these two and you should have better luck.