Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Plymouth Belevedere wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48_HEMI, Mar 7, 2004.

1. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Its been a long time since I've posted any photos. I just stuck this on a intro and rather than steal that post I thought I'd start a new one.

This is the old "one of none ever built cars"

I used up a 50 wagon,52 wagon and a 52 Belvedere two door hardtop. all Plymouths and a investment of $450 total including a 55 dodge 270 Hemi [​IMG]

I started by cutting the roof off all three cars. shortened the floor pan and the front half of the hard top, put it on the shorter wagon chassis. Then married the back half of the blue wagon at the back of the door. Then chopped the car top three inches and tacked it in place.Next step took the green wagon roof chopped 5 inches and grafted it as far forward as possible. the problem was the car roof was flat and the wagon was domed so it took a few darts to blend. The rear quarter window was all fabricated out by splitting pillars and reshaping the lower panels to match the hardtop. The rear quarter windows are stationary, all the rest of the glass rolls up and down like factory.
    I am in this car less than six hundred dollars as it sits [​IMG] I do have a few easy hours of labor but as far as I know thats free [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

One more shot. the Dodge and Plymouth both have the same six banger and when Dodge came out with the Hemi in 1953 it used the exact same motor mounts as the six. So the Hemi bolts right up to the plymouth overdrive with no adapter needed. How's that for easy? other Hemis would bolt up but I wouldn't trust the plymouth trans. My Free Dodge Hemi came with a stick Bellhousing so I was home FREE. I paid $325 for one wagon and $125 for the other wagon and the Belvedere Hardtop was free with an overdrive trans. I paid $100 for a brand new Shaffer Aluminum flywheel and $50 for the Chrome wheels and tires. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

the rear fenders I took the top half of a right and left rear fenders did away with the wheelwells for a cleaner than skirts look and the fenders easily unbolt with wingnuts in side the car and two screws on the bottom outside [​IMG]

4. Looks like a Plymouth Belevedere Nomad wagon [​IMG]...great job on the medal work 48 HEMI!..will it be on the street this season? and what colour is it going?

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Fantastic! Always had a 'thing' for phantom cars. That ones a killer, good job!

6. Donzie

Donzie

That's pretty damn trick.

7. Looks pretty good, Jim. Keep up the good work. It's definately a unique piece. Vicki says it looks like Elmer Fudd's station wagon. And she means that in a good way! [​IMG]

8. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Thanks Chopped you're opinions are apreciated!

Yours too! Fast Elvis
    Everyone that looks at this Plymouth says it looks like a Nomad, Nothing personal but a Nomad just has a slanted B pillar on the door and no roll up window to match the door glass. I can think af several factory four door hardtop wagons but only one two door hardtop wagon.
    This is for the Wife and the colors are going to be her choice. Right now it's yellow and white. The color of flames are my choice and they will be some shade of WILD! this probably won't see the road this year because my "One of none ever built 48 Ford Hemi powered Three window Coupe with a rumble seat Is going to be at the HAMB drags [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Whoops didn't mean to expose the beginning of my HEMI powered super secret mini chopper pit bike! Damm [​IMG]

10. Your wagon is much kooler then a Nomad 48 HEMI!! I guess that name will come up first in any chevy guys mind before we take a closer look at the B pillar!!...flames will look sweet on that body.....look forward to seeing your other ride at the drags this summer!

11. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Thanks Elvis,
    I just think its funny because I've heard it 50 times by 50 people and I can't picture the similarity. I've Got a 56 chev bel aire hard top that I'd like to cut and do the same to a chev wagon and everyone would recognise the difference immediatly.
    I also have the roof off a 51 ford vicky for the same reason [​IMG]
    I'm just a freak when it come to wanting something different
    I want to be different, just like everyone else [​IMG]

12. plmczy

plmczy

Holy chit, I didn't realize you had that much work into that. It looks very well thought out. The shape of the door glass going into the pillar looks like the cab of mid 60's dodge truck. Very cool, can't wait to see it finished. later plmczy

13. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Here is one similar a friend of mine is painting. Cool looking rides

14. Spedley

Spedley

Very cool ride, love seein somethin different. Lots of cool ideas there.

15. Bad ass... I love it. I've always been a fan of early '50's Mopars for some reason.. and that's something you don't see around much at all. That top look awesome...

16. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Cool DeSoto the C and D pillars slant. the 49 to 52 plymouth's the B,C and D pillars are straight up
    The hardtop's roof rail determined my angle and there is a body line around the windows that I split the pillars and welded in sections to keep that line around the rear quarter glass. nothing is hard but some things take a little to do right [​IMG]

17. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

[ QUOTE ]
    Holy chit, I didn't realize you had that much work into that. It looks very well thought out.

Not much thought at all. I don't have much in the way of tools. So I keep a pile of cut offs and I dig in the pile till I find something that fits. I started out with a 52 plymouth wagon that had no floor and plans to clone Cerny's old wagon. was given the Belevedere Hardtop that had Semi- decent floor and while trying to figure out how to swap floors and this seemed like the easiest way to go about it. I still have a 49 plymouth wagon that I didn't have to cut that might make a clone later. I've collected all the pieces

18. Jim, you're actually workin' on the 48? Making me feel bad ,guess I'll have to put in some garage time in myself. [​IMG] wagon looks good , do I need to come and haul away the Nash so you won't be distracted? Just trying to be helpful. [​IMG]

19. the long roof post is 2 1/2 years old here is my long roof post of just 2 years ago.