Register now to get rid of these ads!

'51 dodge parts sourcing troubles. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Oct 7, 2008.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

OK, so I drug home a '51 dodge 1/2 ton along with the neighbor kid across the street. He has been mowing lawns all summer long, and has no father to speak of. So he asked me to help him find and old vehicle to drive and learn on. I was glad to help.

We got the old flat head fired off last weekend, and have been attacking the brake system. The problem I am having is locating the correct wheel cylinders. I have gone to both O'reilly's and NAPA, and used the parts people that I know and trust, and have gotten two sets of wheel cylinders that do not fit. Not only are we ready to take this old truck around the block, but we are sick of paying shipping on parts that are not correct.

The part numbers for the front wheel cylinders that I have gotten twice now, are NAPA brakes # 3595 and 3596. The cylinders are REALLY close, but not right.

Can anyone help with another source that deals in these older dodges, or with part numbers that are in fact correct for me to take to my local parts house.

Thanks,

Bentley

2. Check with the p15-d24.com website. There is a truck section and those guys know their stuff.

Hope this helps!

BloodyKnuckles

3. pickupman55

pickupman55

For 1950's Dodge truck parts, I've used Robert's MotOrPARts and Andy Bernbaum auto parts. Look em up on Google, both of em wont steer you wrong.

4. RodStRace

RodStRace

Gotta think that if the ones you have are close but wrong, it may have had the axles swapped at some point too. Check in the catalogs for how long the same #s were used, and if the next newer part number matches up better. Just a guess.....

5. 4woody

4woody

6. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

My old Raybestos book shows those cylinders fitting a 3/4 ton. If your old cylinders are a step bore try 6353 & 6354.