Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 Buick (looking for guidance)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SmallTown, Sep 23, 2012.

1. SmallTown

SmallTown
    from Hemet

So, I recently acquired this four door 51.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=36048
    I am a complete fng with a desire not to be, which is why I am posting and seeking your wisdom. My goal is to keep it fairly stock, since it seems to be in decent shape. If anything a very mild custom, but I don't think I want to cut or torch anything anytime soon. This is the little that I know...
    • The body is straight and it appears to have all of the bling.
    • The floor boards are rusted through and replaced with a variety of tins and what nots.
    • The original gas tank was removed and replaced but the filler cap is dangling beneath the frame.
    • The wiring has been totally ripped out.
    • It has the original straight eight in it, but I think it has been toyed with. I don't know enough to mention anything about it just yet, but any insight from the pictures would be awesome!

Anyhooo, I need a game plan. So, for all of you experienced folk out there. How do you start on a project like this? And I am hoping there is detail to it, not just a "get it to turn over" kind of guidance, but more of a "check these specific things first, and then do this, this, and this" kind of thing.

Again, I am a total FNG and if I offend you through my ignorance, please be patient. btw, the pictures that are attached are a few of the same ones in the album link above.

Thanks...

Attached Files: