Register now to get rid of these ads!

50th Annual Houston AUTORAMA 2009: Who's in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnJoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Who's going to the Autorama this weekend in Houston??? I'll be there Friday through Sunday. We'll be set up the whole time. Stop by and say hello....
    We're bringing the 36 "survivor" cabriolet, Skips 49 Chevy truck and Billy Powell's 36 3-window. What are you bringing?

And for the ladies, we might even bring Magic......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See you there!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

3. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Magic is so Dreamy
    [​IMG]

We will be there with the van and a booth come by and check out some of the new prints we are debuting. Also the guy who did the sign and striping on the van will be flying in from Virginia striping out of our booth if anybody needs any striping. At least come by and check out his airbrushed prints they make me not want t display mine lol

4. wino01

wino01

I will be there with the '27 Essex and stock '34 Fod. See ya at the show!!

5. I will be there with the old lady.

6. Anderson

Anderson

Magic needs a haircut!

I wish I could make it, would like to go down Friday but everyone else at work already took the day off so I'm stuck. Bummer.

7. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I'll be there with a bunch of my paintings to sell. Stop by and say Hi. Let me know you are a fellow HAMB'r.

I will be near NotStockPhoto from what I understand by the stage.

8. yt boy

yt boy
    from Spring,Tx

Won't make it till Sunday. Can't wait though!! See you fellers there.

9. kisam

kisam

I'm going to try and make it Friday!

10. eliguzman

eliguzman

11. aldixie

aldixie

I'll be going, haven't decided what day yet.

12. Can someone who is going to the show this weekend take some pictures of El Tiki this weekend?
    I'd like to get some for the scrapbook.
    Thanks,

13. BBobb

BBobb

I will get you a few.I am entering me model a so should be able to get quite a few good ones

14. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

I'll be there with the old lady and boy....probably Friday

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'll be there Thursday and maybe another day, like Sunday. I'll be looking for stuff to buy, so if you vendors are there..... work with me.:D

16. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

I wish I could be there. Have a great show guys!

Clark

17. I appreciate that. just something to prove it was there is fine.

18. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Ya, today went so smoothly didn't it John... guess we'll be back again tomorrow afternoon. And, can't wait to get my picture with Spongebob.

19. mark 55

mark 55

Coming down from Shreveportville. Doc can't make it as he has some entertaining to do. Save me a T-shirt. Mark

20. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I will be posting pics of the event as soon as I get unlazy..........so maybe monday lol j/k

21. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

The show should be much better this year, hasn't been much in the last few years. Hope it comes back to its former glory. The buzz around town is that there are some great cars coming.

-Saint

p.s.
    I'm headed to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona Beach, SO TAKE A LOT OF PICS!

22. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Ahahahahaaaa, posting pics... or taking them!

23. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

See ya'll there Gonna go hhang out while the wife is shopping with her mother on Friday

24. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

I think we're in for a treat! ahem... i mean, it's gonna be fukn cool!

25. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Loading up for trip 3 to Houston this week. Guys, I was at the Convention Center yesterday and it looks like this show is going to be great! They're really doing it up for the 50th anniversary. It was only display and vendor load in day, but I was really impressed with some of the cars I saw. Survivors, customs, hot rods and even a few OT Cars that were neat to look at. There were some really cool old survivor bikes too.
    Anyways, if you're anywhere near Houston, make the effort to get to the show and walk some Turkey off this weekend. See you all there!

26. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

They dont say I am the only photographer you never see with a camera for nothing lol

27. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

In case you've missed Beep's thread elsewhere on HAMB about other events at the Houston Autorama, check out the Cacklefests planned there at the GRB Convention Center during the show.

Three cars that run with the Texas Timing Association will be there to spew their nitro fumes into the Houston air and beat up on your eardrums with their thunderous exhaust notes. The 1964 Top Fuel national champion blown hemi Scorpion 5 will be there, along with the outrageously old school Gizzlehopper AA/Fuel Competition Coupe with it's blown nitro-fed 430 c.i. Lincoln engine, and the Hilborn injected, nitro burning 23-T A/Fuel Altered the Texas Bandit.

You may have seen these cars this year at the Lone Star Roundup or Billetproof car shows, or the Day of the Drags or Texas State Championship drag races.

If you have a nose for nitro and an ear for really loud exhausts, come check out the cacklefests. They will be at 3 PM and 7 PM on Friday and Saturday, and at 3 PM only on Sunday.

28. Hazman1929

Hazman1929
    from Kemah, TX

I parked my car in there yesterday about 9 a.m.. Looking forward to getting back up there and seeing everything.

29. Bullitt21

Bullitt21
    from Houston

Can't wait to go Friday and see all the rides. I highly appreciate anyone who views cars as art. See everyone there.

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I just got back. This years show is better than usual. They had a lot more traditional rides along with the usual high dollar stuff. If you make it out, check up on the Hellions, Los Cochinos and Highway Horrors. Thier displays rocked! And don't forget to check out NOTSTOCKS display of prints. I took plenty of pics and will post them tomorrow. I have to get them developed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009