Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 500 cars and trucks going to crusher

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henry's57bbwagon, Apr 15, 2016.

1. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

2. khead47

khead47

3. The average car in my area was going for $400 and up as junk. Some pay out based on the registration weight, no scale. So at the least with 500 units, that equates to a cool $200,000. Hard to sneeze at that amount of cash... which could go as unreported if they'd keep it off the internets.

4. he only has to pay taxes on the profit. so he can subtract what he paid for the cars and what it cost to bring them in. Most old guys can tell where they got the vehicle and what they paid.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

not the first, not the last to be crushed - looks like many in good shape - such a waste by those that are addicted to collecting and never do anything with them

6. Owner in bids 70s. If he would have made some effort to start to liquidate this mass of cars when he was in his 60s he would have been much better off, and some locals would have a shot at building a nice ride.
    $480 and up. ....depends on the car and paperwork. Sask is easy to get papered. But if they are going to get scraped in a month. ...Good luck. Scrap is at a real low point now. Be lucky to get a guy to haul them away without charging you.
    Frustrating. ......

7. ive got several that will be going to the scrap man. and if some individual isn't willing to pay three times scrap price Im not wasting time with them. I can take my backhoe and use the back bucket to whapp the roofs flat and set three on the trailer in less than a hour. A 15 mile drive and the unload them with a giant front end loader and pay cash. most folks don't come prepared to immediately haul a old heap away. Always wanting me to put tires and wheels and make it a roller ect.