Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 50 Pontiac Coupe Chop!!! tons of pics

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Flop, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Flop

Flop

thats what im goin for slide nuthing to outrageous... alll subtle changes to eventually make one smooth custom that coulda been done in the 50s . and will make people say whats different about that car ....

2. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Very nice work, and style / proportions. It is so rare to see a chop that does not look out of proportion.

How many hours do you have in it at this point, and how many do you think you will have in it when you are 100% done with it, all inside garnish molding, stainless, windows, door aligned just right, etc etc etc....

It is always interesting to see how many hours a nice job really takes. It is amazing how long it takes to do a nice job.

Keep up the great work!
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

3. Only one word here mate.... INSPIRATIONAL....

Between you with this Ponty and Sled and his Merc, How could we go wrong.....

4. Flop

Flop

hmmm sakowski i think i probably got about 60 or so hours in the back part of the roof the rear window and packing tray thats completley finished ready for some mud. have about 20 hours into the deck lid so far and i am bout 1/3 done with the exterior havent even thought about putting the insides back together yet.

thanks life .. just tryin to show everyone how much it takes to do one of these cars right and hopefully help some people in the end

5. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

awesome! keep it up!

6. Looks good. My hat's off to anyone who can do this and make it look good.

7. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i think this is one of the best compliments you could ever recieve!!! when anthony chimes in and gives the thumbs up you know you are doing something right lol...metal work and car look amazing!!!

8. Flop

Flop

thanks guys heres a little peek at the trunk and where i stand with that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it was nice outside so i gotta pic from outside the garage door

[​IMG]

9. 56pu

56pu
    from Sarver,PA

Hey Flop that looks great, Im about a half hour north of Pittsburgh, and cant wait to see this car in person..Great craftsmanship...

10. Flop

Flop

day before memorial day, big party at our shop on 28 down in pittsburgh.... its the car thing of the summer in pittsburgh if our into hot rods and customs free beer food and bands..

11. Flop

Flop

god am i about burnt out heres whats been done so sick of the hammer grind and weld but ya gotta do what ya gotta do i think 3 more very good days and i should be done with the deck lid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the thing that set off the being tired and pissed
    the leaking fucking roooof!!! damn people up stairs have a shitty roof its like a swimming pool up there. gets full of water then starts coming through the floor and on our shit!!!! sorry had to vent!!
    atleast the old beat up ford hubcaps got some use today
    [​IMG]

12. evilone0528

evilone0528

13. blkcat77

blkcat77

looks great. I wish I had thought of moving the quarter windows back like that. It definitely looks amazing

14. Flop

Flop

any new pics of you car blkcat

the quarter windows drastically changed the look of the car along with the trunk its alot of work but im sure its gonna be worth it in the end

15. blkcat77

blkcat77

Flop,

No new pics. I'm having more fun checking your thread everyday than building mine.

16. Flop

Flop

make me do all the work so you can watch sounds real fair!!!!:D

17. 48reo

48reo

I think I will make my second ever trip to harbor freight soon. the first time was when I formed my habit of calling all crappy tools by that name

18. Flop

Flop

19. 48reo

48reo

those clips, I could use some. sorry I have a bad habit of not looking at all the pages in a thread and just replying to the last of the first page. let me catch up

20. 48reo

48reo

wow. Im even more impressed, and im only on pg 7

21. KustmAce

KustmAce

Far out!

Now come do mine!!!

:)

22. Flop

Flop

been burned out so the progress isnt to impressive but its better then nuthin... i know alot of people have been askin whats been goin on so heres a little look.... and a customer brought a lambreta scooter to be stretched so thats takin up a little time now

the stud gun has been a lifesaver on the trunk where i cant get a hammer behind it .. im through about 300 studs so far on the whole trunk and boy is it the most useful thing i have bought in a long damn time!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scooter in question he wants it to be a 3 seater so we are gonna end up stretching the thing 14 3/4 inches ... guess its gonna be a show bike i dont know just building it the way he wants it done ... nevere really messed around with these things before

just a cardboard mock up to see if he really wanted to go through with it.... so i guess im building a scooter now too.
    [​IMG]

23. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice job, very cool!

24. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

Your coupe is looking good Flop!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Dave

25. Flop

Flop

FINALLLY DONE WITT THE OUTER SKIN!!!!!!!!!!

about a month later

the last weld haha
    [​IMG]
    what we have now
    before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

GREAT JOB,,,,,well worth the time/work it took to accomplish that,,,,,major improvement to the overall flow of the car!!

27. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Amazing work Flop ! :eek:

28. Flop

Flop

thanks jim thanks zed

this was definatley much much much harder then choppin the roof and puttin it together. seemed to warp after every tack i dont know why

started gapping it some
    [​IMG]

side view makes the little fins seem a little more prominent
    [​IMG]

i need to stop takin crooked pictures
    [​IMG]

last one
    [​IMG]

29. gonzo

gonzo

+ 1 on a great job. That decklid looks great and I think you were smart to show some restraint on the chop.

30. nexxussian

nexxussian

Looks real nice. Like others have said, it looks factory.