Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 50 Pontiac Coupe Chop!!! tons of pics

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Flop, Feb 1, 2008.

1. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

2. Flop

Flop

that is geroge burns and he does approve of the chop.... i dont even remember what the kid looks like that owns that 51 he hasnt worked on that car in a good year costin him 100 a month to store a car doesnt seem worth it to me....

todays progress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Looks pretty good Flop! I'm glad you didn't "over-chop" it. The proportions look really good.

4. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

is that a picture of..never mind ha ha
    [​IMG]

5. Flop

Flop

hooker cards from vegas yes!!!

6. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Flop, i got to say your metalworking looks great. I'm doing a buddys F1 right now and I've got that sucker so oil-canned its unreal. I wish I had your ability looking good. any reason you like mig over tig on the panels? I've tried both on the F1 with same fucked up results.

7. Flop

Flop

went backwards on the chop today i didnt like how the crown turned out on the passenger side it seemed kinda off go to meauring and some how the passenger side was 1/4 inch higher then the other so a bunch of cutting was in order. got it all sorted out now i need to weld the passenger side back up. no real pics camera died should have some new ones tomorrow..

mig cause i havent ponyed up the 2 grandski for a tig. oil cans sounds like you are over stretching the metal some how . i always thought welds shurnk the metal . how much are you beating on the panel to try and get the dents out? also try to keep the heat to a minimum small tacks far apart.

8. Flop

Flop

well after having some problems with the rear window fitting and cutting the passenger side back apart. i am finally done with the main portion of the chop boy am i glad haha!! the reason i cut it apart i guess the window frame sucked in farther on the passenger side then the other and the glass didnt fit and it looked horrible.

after i cut it apart
    [​IMG]

getttting cloooser
    [​IMG]

nope i lied
    the metal got very thin and shitty from being welded twice so away it went
    [​IMG]

9. Flop

Flop

heres the rest of the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

inside view
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. nexxussian

nexxussian

Wow! Looks good from here.

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Man o man is that some sweet metal work.

12. that is really going to be nice! really a show of what is involved in chopping something, TONS OF PATIENCE! take a bow dude!

13. Flop

Flop

thanks guys

kinda wanted to show everything involved not as easy as some guys make it out to be when they show 7 pictures of the whole thing. have a ton of hours in in so far and have a ton more to go. next i gotta weld the bottom of the window frame in. nuthing to exciting there

14. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

keep up the great work.

15. Looks good. It's got a nice flow to it.

16. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Very nice work! Keep us posted on the progress.

17. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

nice!,,,,,,,,,,,cant wait until you are able to pull her outside for a full side profile shot,,,
    you have two qualities necessary for a great chop,,,,a good eye for proportion and patience,,,,,

18. Flop

Flop

i kno i cant wait to get it outside im to lazy to rebuild that carb

what happened with your packard trim jim do ya still have it i need the swoopy thing still

19. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Looks great man. Flows nice, and its all metal!

20. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

the chop looks phenomenal!!! one thing i did notice is that you guys are eating pretty good (pizza one nite subway the next) one thing about it you cant work on an empty stomach.

21. lgh1157

lgh1157

Thats beautiful man

22. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

that looks great!

23. Flop

Flop

we do eat good haha but im still skinny one of the many wonders in the world i guess.

heres the last pic i have now im goin to the shop to start welding in the bottom of the back window

[​IMG]

24. blkcat77

blkcat77

Makes me want to start mine all over again. And really try get the metal work half as good as this. Oh well, I'm off to buy more filler.

Nice Job.

25. Flop

Flop

any pics of your chop blkcat77?

26. blkcat77

blkcat77

27. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Fuckin' Rad post Flop. You got no idea how much this thread is gonna help me out when its time to start cutting up my chevy. Thanks for shareing it with us..

Drew

28. richie rebel

richie rebel

hey flop,nice job on the chop roof,iwas looking at your post,looks like millvale indus park, i live in hampton belong to the hollywood knights,see in one pics dave is helping holding the roof,ever go over the church cruise, i had 67 nova pro st,63 ford 300 white, have 38 ford with flathead,and a 47 harley knuckle head my name is richie,do you belong to the drifters or sacred pistons later richie

29. Flop

Flop

well lot of progress today i finished welding the bottom of the rear window in but i forgot the camera next is movin the quarter windows backwward i believe .

yup millvale it is. yah dave helped me out alot on this. i went a few time have a cream 47 chevy with a 6 with 2 carbs all dessed up i am in the sacred pistons

30. junkmonger

junkmonger

Excellent metal work, Flop!!!

If I ever get my frikken garage finished, I need to re-chop and re-section a 50 Ford I have that was pre-chopped/sectioned. I have a feeling when I strip out the bondo, it will get ugly. Luckily, I like to hammer and weld.:D